Chapter 6

An hour later, I heard a knock at my door. I got up from my desk and opened the door to see Ben standing there with a bottle of water in his hand.

"Hey big brother, come in. What brings you around to the girls dorms?" I asked. Ben walked himself in and sat on my giant bed. Hey, being a princess has its perks.

"Do you feel weird?"

"I don't know, did you slip something in my juice this morning?"

"No, but I think we were spelled."

"That's ridiculous, who would..." I drank a sip of the water Ben had given me. "Ohh I see. Yep I was totally whammied. There must be a good explanation for Mal and Jay to spell us right? I mean they wouldn't spell us just to make a fool of us right?" I sat down next to Ben and started to panic. What if they did it just to make fun of us? What if-

"Hey, stop spiraling. Think about it, you're the most beautiful girl here. Jay probably thought there would be no way you guys could have came together on your own, so he sped up the process a little. Same with Mal, I mean come on. I was with Audrey. They probably had huge crushes on us, who wouldn't?" I giggled.

"Thanks Ben. You always know what to say. You're gonna make a great king." I gave Ben a side hug and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Thanks Isa. Now, get some rest. It's parents day tomorrow." Ben got up and started to walk out of my room.

"Wait, are you going to tell Mal that we know?" I asked.

"Let's see how this plays out and see if they try to reverse the spell. Goodnight Isa."

"Thanks. Goodnight Ben."

The next morning Ben and all of our friends, including me, performed an acapella song for our families for Family Day. Oh gosh, it was so fun and everyone looked like they had fun. Everyone was dancing along, too.  Now it's time for us to take some pictures. Ben was wearing a blue suit with a yellow pocket handkerchief to match Dad and I wore a yellow sundress to match Mom. Ben and I met up with them.

"That was so lovely." Mom said laughing as she gave me a hug and kissed my cheek. Ben shook Dad's hand and then we switched, me giving Dad a hug instead. We went under a stone covering to take some pictures.

We all posed with Ben between Mom and me and I stood next to Dad until someone, *cough* Ben *cough*, had to ruin it.

"Oh, by the way, I have a new girlfriend and Isa finally has a boyfriend."

"Okay, I get it, I've never had a boyfriend. Announce it to the entire galaxy why don't you." I grumbled crossing my arms while pouting. Dad chuckled and rubbed my shoulder making me to smile and uncross my arms.

"Well, I never wanted to say anything, but I always thought that Audrey was a little self-absorbed. A fake smile, kind of a kiss-up." Mom said through her smile.

"Do we know your new girlfriend?" asked Dad, "or your new boyfriend?"

"On the count of three. One, two..." Said the photographer.

"Sort of." Said Ben

"Mal!"

"Jay!"

Ben and I yelled simultaneously causing Mom and Dad to be frozen in shock, but Ben and I didn't care. We posed back as the photographer took the picture.

Mal and Jay lightly jogged to us. Mal was wearing this cute purple and blue business chic type outfit and Jay wore his iconic leather jacket over a dress shirt. He even pulled back his hair. I started to giggle; Jay found the chocolate fountain. Ben and I hugged Mal and Jay respectively at the same time. I ended up giving Jay a napkin to wipe his face with too.

"Hey we wanna introduce you guys to our parents." Said Ben. Mal held onto his hand while I wrapped my arms around Jay.

"This is Jay..." I started.

"And this is Mal..." Ben said.

"From the island." Ben and I said at the same time.

"My girlfriend." Ben said.

"And my boyfriend." I said.

"How do you two do that?" whispered Jay to me.

"It's a twin thing." I whispered.

"Hi!" Mom said. She had a shakiness to her voice that can only be described as nervousness.

"Hi." said Mal shyly, hiding behind Ben's arm.

"Hello, your Highnesses." Jay stiffly said as he awkwardly bowed.

Dad did a little awkward wave to the both of them.

"We were thinking maybe they can join us for lunch." I said.

"Of...course. Any friend of Isabelle's and Ben's..." Dad said awkwardly.

"Um, we actually came with our friends." Said Mal. She motioned towards Evie, who was holding Dude, and Carlos, who was drinking out of the chocolate fountain.

"Well, you should invite them." Mom said as Carlos and Evie waved hi, "Because the more the merrier!"

"Yeah, we'll go grab them." Said Mal and her and Jay started to walk away.

"Uh, how about a game of croquet before lunch?" Asked Dad

"Of course." Said Jay and Mal.

"Game on!" said Ben

"Heh... Heh, Game on." Said Dad as he fist pounded Ben.

Ben and I started to walk away with Jay and Mal.

"That wasn't that bad right?" Asked Jay.

"No, I think it went pretty well. I mean better than I expected." I said.