Chapter 8: Night stalker

The sun is going down. The survivors decide to make camp in a pawn shop near the southern edge of the state. They were hoping to get some sleep. In the end, nobody would be getting any sleep.

"Alright, let's set up the sleeping bags, nobody turn on any lights," Dan said.

"And I suppose you want me and Andrew to be as far from each other as possible?" Marcy asked, already knowing the answer.

"No babies," V joked.

"Let's hurry up. Sooner to bed, sooner to rise," Dan said.

     Everyone woke up in the middle of the night at the same time. Their alarm was the screams of Marcy, who decided to sleep upstairs to humor Dan. In the end that would turn up badly for her.

     Marcy was being attacked by a middle aged man. That's what troubled everyone the most. He was a man. Another human being. He was trying to remover her shirt.

"Yo, middle aged Night Stalker!" Dan shouted. "Could you maybe not do that?"

"Let her go!" Andrew shouted at the top of his lungs.

"No thanks, dudes," the man said. "It's been too long since I last saw a woman."

"Maybe we can settle this without violence," Dan said while putting away his machete.

"Fuck nonviolence!" Andrew shouted.

     Andrew hit the man in the back of the head with a signed baseball bat that he got from downstairs. No response. He did it again. Still no response. Ana started whipping him with her glock. Still no luck. This was a very determined rapist. V decided to stab him in the back. Still no luck.

"I'd appreciate it if you'd stop groping our friend," V said.

"Civility be damned," Dan said while handing Marcy his machete. "Have at him."

     Marcy started stabbing him repeatedly in the gut. That got a reaction out of him. He jumped off of Marcy, grabbing his wound. The man was bleeding badly. In his final moments he opened a secret compartment from the wall, pushed the button in the compartment, which activated the alarm, and collapsed.

     The survivors were no longer safe in the shop. They had to leave as quickly as possible, which wouldn't be easy. Marcy was badly bruised on her face and chest and couldn't move her legs. After the struggle the Marcy was naked except for her socks (which rapists never seem to remove). Ana and V helped her get dressed, Andrew lifter her up, and they were on their way through the back exit.