Chapter 11: Rest among the tension

"Hey, V." Ana greeted the girl in black, entering the room. "We heard yelling, is anything wrong?" V averted her eyes. She gently scratched her cheeks, watching Marcy rest her leg on a pillow.

"Uhm... P'ano ko ba sasabihin 'to? ... To make the long story extremely short, Dan wants me to take a shower, that's it." The girl hurriedly searched for a towel in the room's closet, avoiding further conversations. "Uhm, V? Is your real name 'Erykah'? I heard Dan call you that just now." Marcy took charge of the subject. "Blah! No more talkie!" V just yelled.

Drops of water was heard of in the bathroom. Marcy and Ana can't seem to sleep without anyone watching over them. Thoughts of the undead creeping up to them, ready to kill always filled their minds. So they waited. 3 minutes passed. Then 5. Then 10. 

            Marcy couldn't take it. She used all her strength to get back on her feet. "What are you doing?" Ana had the adrenaline to make her companion sit back down.

"I want to talk to Andrew." She replied.

"But Dan and V said-"

"Please, just a second. We rarely get to talk anymore."

At the same time, V was just on her way out of the shower. "You'll need to calm down, first, Marimarcy. I'll just take Andrew here." V gave a warm smile. She was still soaked. The female leader dragged her feet across the room, facing the closet yet again and shrugged. "What is it about closets that bores me to death?" V sighed.

          She dressed in equally thick clothing,that is a denim jacket over a long sleeved black tank top.

"I didn't think you were into those stuff." Ana laughed.

"I'm not. It's not like I have a choice, though. Whoever owns this room is horribly girly and apparently likes letting her belly be vizzy. Frag!" V swore in reference.

"Vizzy?" The others tilted their heads in confusion.

"Visible. Anyway! I'll go get Andrew as promised. Ana, take my snipe." V handed her main weapon to the brunette.

"Wouldn't that leave you unarmed?"

"I'll manage. Just...don't tell Dan." V replied casually, leaving the doorway.

The girl crossed the hall, entering a dark room where Andrew is believed to be sleeping in. Keeping the door opening small, she twisted herself and arrived in Andrew's bed. "Dude." V whispered, waking him in the middle of the night. "Marcy needs to talk to you. Make it quick, and don't try anything stupid or Dan will kill me." Hearing this, Andrew quickly put on his shirt then tiptoed towards the other bedroom.

         V adjusted her eyes to the darkness. Poor Dan fell asleep on a couch near the window, gently holding his crossbow and machete. He's a good leader but not superior to being human, having flaws.

She giggled in sight, beginning to feel tired as well. "Well, good night, partner." V messed up his hair before leaving. Tomorrow's gonna be a long day. They're in the edge of the current city, ready to move on to the next. New city, new troubles.