Chapter 12: Days grow longer

"Philadelphia. It seemed like it only took us days to reach, but everyone knows it was longer. The happenings just went too fast for us to keep up. As expected, everything took a Topsy-turvy course. Everything went upside-down. The days grew longer and nights grew shorter, as did the youth are now in charge of the adults in order to live. While the dead, are still walking."

"Ana!" One cried out, catching the said brunnete's attention. "Stop writing and let's move!"

            The 17-year old stood from the park bench, to catch up with her fellow survivalists. Just because she's far from home, doesn't make it a vacation.

"So, what's up with you?" V asked, peeking from the back to gaze upon the eldest from the group, Andrew.

"Oh, uhm..." He looked baffled. "Distractions." He looked away as he answered.

"There'd be none of that, please..."

"Whatever."

Andrew didn't help Marcy at all. He let Ana and Dan to it for him. He holds too much grudge, he doesn't understand why they had to break apart. "Why can't we be together again?" He thought. Meanwhile, the redhead was still hanging by a thread with her leg. It was swelling up, hurting nonetheless. "I'm hungry." Ana complained.

          "It is almost noon." Dan assisted Marcy walk, then stopped for a moment to look around. "I'm in no mood to eat. Let's just keep going." Answered Andrew. "Well, the rest of us need to energy."

"We better find somewhere to eat, then. Unless y'all want to eat out in the open when we can also be the food for them. -ehem- Zombies. -ehem-." V said casually, absorbing the feels. Then something broke the silence. (Bark!)

(Bark!) (Bark!) "What was that?!" (Bark!) (Bark!) (Bark!)

(Bark!) "A dog?" (Bark!) (Bark!)

"It came from over there." (Bark!)

Why were they following the sound of a dog?  They don't know. But it led them to a police station, wherein a leashed dog warns the people around. The infected ignored the hound, only caring to push through the windows and doors.

             They were almost positive. Someone...alive.... sheltering in the compound.

"Can I...?"  V smirked awkwardly.

"Just this once." Dan sighed. They don't have any other choice.

"Yay!" She whispered in glee.

V aimed her sniper. BANG! Though the chance to take on it on her own faded when the zombies ate tarmac with their jaws breaking from a bullet on such short notice.

          "Nice shot." Ana praised. "That...wasn't....me...."

Shortly after, a boy, 12-years from the looks of it, alongside a buff man with a pistol entered the compound with the pests disposed of. The rushed inside the building, together with the hound. The group looked stunned. Survivors?

             What are the chances they'll re-encounter the living yet again?

After a moment's hesitation, they decided to meet the 'vigilantes'.

               Ana knocked on the glass door, which was locked. Nothing. She knocked again. Still no response. V suggested to break it but they know it would put everyone's safety at risk, including their own. So instead, Dan used his machete to knock, which  caught the living's attention. As they wait, a young teenage girl peeked from the room just across the door. "Survivors!" She yelled.