Chapter 12

Jason p.o.v

I've been so broken. I've been killing more people than usual and using more doses of drugs than I should. I check my phone and I see that I have a text message from Gerald.

Gerald: Hey McCann, I have something to tell you.

Jason: What?

Gerald: Because I got promoted, I am moving to New York.

Jason: Can't you just continue your job here in Los Angeles?

Gerald: I have no choice.

Jason: Great...

Gerald:Don't worry! I'll keep in touch!

Jason: You better!

I turn off my phone and scream.

"WHAT THE FUCK GERALD!!!!!!"

A few of my gang members rush down the stairs and look at me like a crazy person. I throw a vase at them and they run upstairs. I feel like crying...again.

Gerald p.o.v

Today, H comes home from the hospital and we fly to New York. I get in my car and I drive there. I enter the hospital and the receptionist tells me that Halsey is getting packed up to go home. I thank her and I go to her room. I enter and I see Bizzle helping H get changed. 

"Hey dude, she's mine." I say as I nudge him.

"Oh there you are! Where were you?" He says as he puts the jacket on H.

"I was at my house. by the way, I got a note from someone. We have to leave as soon as possible." I tell him.

"Why?" Halsey asks.

"You are in danger!" I say.

 She rushes into my arms and I hug her tightly.

"Let's go!" I yell.

We rush out of the room with luggage and plane tickets.

We get in the car and we drive straight to the airport. Luckily, when we get there, the flight has been delayed by 30 minutes so that gives us enough time to get a light snack. 

We find a Starbuck's and we take our orders.

I get a normal coffee.

BIzzle gets a white chocolate mocha with some granola.

H of course, gets a Unicorn Frappuchino with chocolate covered almonds.

I know that girl so well.

We grab our drinks and we board the plane. We sit in the first-class section, so everything is free. We take our seats and the plane takes off.

"Hey G." H says quietly.

"Hey princess, are you sleepy?" I ask.

"No, just on a sugar crash." She says as she lays on my shoulder.

"Of course." I mumble.

"Hey!" She yells quietly and jokingly.

She falls asleep on my shoulder while I talk to Bizzle. This is a new beginning for all of us. I look over and I see H on my phone.

"What are you doing on my phone?" I ask.

"Playing Crossy Road." She says sweetly.

I look and I see her tapping the screen and a chicken getting ran over by a truck.

"Shit." She mumbles.

I take my phone back and I realize that we are going to land in 10 minutes. She puts her shoes back on and holds my hand.

"You nervous?" I ask.

"A little." She says.

"Why?" I ask again.

"What is this new place gonna be like?" She asks quietly.

"Safe." Bizzle interrupts. 

I look over and I see him getting the luggage ready.

The plane lands and we get off.

The fresh smell of New York.

We walk out of the airport and we catch a taxi.

"What destination?" The man asks.

"654 Halsey Street." Bizzle tells him.

He drives us there and we get out. I take one good look at the house and H starts to get all happy.

"Oh so pretty!" She says.

"This is our new home..and a new beginning." Bizzle states