Chapter 15

Gerald p.o.v

After I escaped the truck, I begin to walk along the side of the road. I walk for a little longer until I see a building.

"I guess I could stay here for awhile." I mumble.

I enter the building and I see people partying. Loud music is playing and the place reeks of liquor. I look around and I see a beautiful woman sitting on the couch. She looks at me and gives me a small wave.

"So what brings you here pretty boy?" She asks me.

"I'm trying to get away from McCann. You know who he is?" I ask.

"Yes. Matter of fact, I dated his brother Justin for almost three years. My name is Emma." She says.

"Names Gerald Earl Gillum. You can call me G-Eazy." I say.

I sit on the couch and she cuddles next to me. Suddenly, five more girls come over and cuddle next to me.

Awkward.

After a few drinks and smoking, I see two bodyguards running toward me. I jump up and I take off running. They chase after me.

Maximus p.o.v

As I'm chasing Gerald, I jump and I grab the ladder. I climb the ladder and I see Gerald at the  edge of the building with a smirk on his face. I run toward him and he opens his arms and falls down the building. I look over the edge and I see him in a pile of garbage bags, unconscious.  I get my phone and text Jason.

Max: Well..

Jason: What?

Max: He jumped.

Jason: Is he dead?

Max: Pretty sure he is.

Jason: Good. I want him burned.

Max: Lets not go that way, Jason.

Jason: Ok Ok my bad.

Max: How is Ash and Jen?

Jason: Ash is asleep next to me on the couch while Jen is watching a movie.

Max: Ok good. On my way.

Jason: Ok, see you later..

I close my phone and I walk toward my car. I drive home while texting Jen. We only have been married for a couple months. She has been acting strange lately. She has been more paranoid and wakes up screaming her head off. I tried getting her therapy, but that didn't work.

I get home and I see Ash and Jen talking to each other while Jason is on his phone texting someone. Jen sees me and runs toward me.

"Are you okay?" She asks concerned.

"Yes baby I'm fine just tired." I say tiredly.

I see Ash looking relieved. She cuddles next to Jason and falls asleep in his arms. They are honestly so cute together.

"Thank you Maximus. I'll add another 10,000 dollars to your paycheck." Jason says quietly so he doesn't wake Ashley up.

"Thank you sir." I say.

"You can go home for the night Max." Jason says quietly.

"Thank you." I say as I walk out of the house.

"C'mon Jen, lets go home." I say as I guide her out of the house. We get on the car and I drive us home. As I'm driving Jen speaks.

"I was worried about you Max. You could have been killed." Jen says kind of pissed.

"He can't. He wasn't armed and I am twice his size." I say calmly.

"You don't know that." Jen says angrily.

"I was the one who went on the mission. I didn't want to do it but I had to!" I yell.

"YOU WANTED TO DO THE FUCKING MISSION MAX!!" Jen screams.

"I ONLY DID IT FOR YOU AND THE MONEY!!" I yell even louder.

"Pull over." Jen mumbles.

"No." I say coldly.

"PULL OVER THE FUCKING CAR!!" Jen yells.

"No." I say sternly.

We pull up to our driveway and Jen get out of the car and slams the door shut. I sit there in tears.

We have never fought before. I take a few deep breaths and I get out of the car. I walk into my house and I see Jen on the couch in tears. I walk up to my bedroom and I text Jason.

Max: Jen is now pissed.

Jason: What happened man?

Max: I guess she got a really worried and then got pissed at me for taking the mission.

Jason: I'll try talking to her.

Max: Okay thanks

Jason: No problem

I shut off my phone and I lay on my bed. About an hour later, Jen comes in the room and she looks like she is about to cry.

"Max I'm so sorry for yelling at you. I just got so worried and I got mad and..."

"Hey, its okay. I am also sorry for yelling at you. I was mad." I interruppt her.

I pull her into a tight hug.

"I love you Max."

"I love you Jen." I say.