Chapter 9

Jason p.o.v

Ever since Ash was killed, I've been drinking a lot. I've been going to bars and ordering more drinks than usual.

I honestly don't know what to feel at this point. Should I be mad at Ash for using me? Should I be sad that she is dead? Should I really be mad at Gerald?

These questions race through my mind. I decided to text Gerald and find out what's up with him and ask him why he used me.

Jason: Hey G, can we talk for a minute real quick?

Gerald: I'm surprised that you actually want to talk to me..yeah what's up?

Jason: How have you been feeling lately ever since Ash died?

Gerald: Like shit...

Jason: Because you knew her ever since you were 23?

Gerald: How did you find out about this?

Jason: Let's say that she had a few secrets hidden from me.

Gerald: I can explain.....

Jason: Then do it..

Gerald: She was being abused by her parents so much that she ran away. Then I met her... She was in so much pain that she found me. I had to put her into safety, so I sent her to you. You took her under your wing and you protected her. She wanted me to be in the gang with her so I could be by her side with you. That is all I have to say...

Jason: So you were using me?

Gerald: No, I just wanted her to be safe.

Jason: So she wasn't a virgin when I fucked her?

Gerald: I even had no idea about that, McCann.

Jason: Ok thanks for the talk.

Gerald: No problem man.

I shut off my phone and I think. For the first time, I actually believe him! Damn.. that's weird. It is what it is.

Gerald p.o.v

After he texted me..I thought about Ash. Tommorow, I get to see her. I kinda feel bad that I didn't tell Jason. I just pray to God that she comes back to life. I've been praying every night with a Bible beside me. I just hope that God is by my side and brings Ash back to life.

You'd think that gang people aren't religious right? Well ever since my momma died, I've been going to church for a little bit. I been going to church because I needed to clear my mind. Now Ash is dead..no partially dead, I've been praying now.

I am excited to see my baby tommorow...