Chapter 2

Ashley p.o.v

Today, I have to interview 13 people. I get ready and get my things prepared before 11:30. I put on a black hoodie, which is Jason's, some skinny jeans with black heels. I grab a pad of paper, a cup of coffee, a pen, and I head out the door. I drive all the way to the building and I enter. A receptionist greets me and tells me that Jason left a letter on my desk. I thank her and I go to my office. I pick up the letter and it says that the clients will be a little late. I sit down and I get prepared. The first person walks in and he looks tough. We need more of those people.
"Name." I say

"Benny." He tells me.

"Why do you want this job?" I ask.

He starts crying. "I just want to be free and I want to be myself and I want to be helpful and-"

"Get the fuck out of my office!" I tell him. We don't hire men that cry.
The next 11 interviews are boring as fuck. They want to be tough and they want to be all these things.

You can't want to be, you have to be. This day is so tiring I'm so glad that there is one person left.

"Next!" I yell.

A tall man with a leather jacket and his hair slicked back walks in the office. Damn..he hella fine. I shake my thoughts and I get serious.

"Name." I say.

"Gerald." He tells me.

His voice is deep and raspy. Sexy...

"Why do you want this job?" I ask him.

"Well, I want this job because I love killing and stealing. I get into fights a lot, and I want to-no wait, let me rephrase that. I am looking for a better paying gang. I spent months searching until I found you guys. You know McCann?" He explains.

"Yes, he's my boyfriend." I tell him.

"Ahhh, you must be Ashley Frangipane. Heard about you a lot. You is one of the most dangerous female criminals out there. Never heard of anyone better than you. Keep up the good work, gorgeous." He tells me.

I blush real hard. "Thank you."

Did he call me gorgeous?

He is honestly so amazing.

We talk for about 45 minutes about where we came from and our family and I told him more about the gang. I am really thinking about hiring him, but it has to be okay with Jason. We finish talking and I get ready to go home. As I'm about to leave, Gerald stops me.

"Say uhh, I know you have a boyfriend and all, but do you want to go out for a drink tomorrow?" He asks me.

"Sure. Here's my number in case you have a question." I tell him.

"No problem. See you tomorrow, Ash." He tells me.

I smile back and then I close the door. I drive home and I find Jason waiting for me.

"Hey baby kitten." He says warmly. "I made you some food."

"Thank you Jay." I say as I put down my purse.

"How was the interviews?" He asks curiously.

"All of them were pretty much bullshit except for one." I respond while handing him a file.

He takes the file and he reads it. About a few moments later, he closes the file and puts it on the counter.

"Gerald eh?" He asks. "I want to talk to him."

"I told him he can stop by tommorow at 10. Sound fine?" I ask.

"Awesome! Ten it is." He says excitedly.