Chapter 10

This chapter is dedicated to Kaylie_-_03 who reminded me that it has been too long since I updated. Also, sorry guys for taking so long to update I have been busy with my internship but I'll try to update more frequently. Enjoy!

These few days passed by with the blink of an eye and before I knew it, it was the day of the gala. Mr Anderson's meeting was delayed so he would meet me directly at the venue. I was on my feet whole day as all the responsibilities were on my shoulders. From supervising the office work to approving and checking the stuff regarding that gala. I glanced at my wrist watch and it was already 5 but I needed to finish this work and then get ready for the gala to check everything for the final time before guests start arriving.

I quickly finished my work and checked the time. Crap! It was 6 already and I am still in office. I took my laptop and handbag and ran out the office. I drove straight to my apartment and the way I was driving I was actually shocked that I did not get a speeding ticket.

I unlocked the door to my apartment, threw my stuff on the bed and ran into the bathroom for a shower. I took a quick shower in 5 minutes and I had already shaved my legs in the morning so I only spent 10 mins in the bathroom. I knew I was going to get late so I laid out my gown and accessories before leaving for work this morning.

I wore my red off shoulder gown, it is simple and elegant just the way I like

I wore my red off shoulder gown, it is simple and elegant just the way I like. I quickly did some light makeup and put on my red lipstick. I wore a diamond bracelet in my right hand and a silver watch on my left hand. I have this habit of wearing a watch everywhere I go. I put on my diamond studs and red stilettos. I pick my red clutch and stuff my phone, credit card, lipstick, sanitizer and some cash.

After giving myself one last look in the mirror I left the house and the company driver took me straight to the venue.

Just as I reached there and was about to enter I saw this huge chandelier and a big bush of roses. It was so beautiful I hope that interior is also as amazing as this is.

It was so beautiful on the inside, Matthew really did an amazing job

It was so beautiful on the inside, Matthew really did an amazing job. While I was admiring everything, a nervous Matthew came up to me, " Thank God you are here Samantha please check if everything is fine. If there is anything wrong I will do my best to fix it. I am really nervous I have never done such big events before. What if-", I cut off his rambling.

"It is perfect, Matthew. You really exceeded my expectations. I am impressed! Now show me the final arrangements before people start arriving." Just as I was about to go with him, I received a text from the person I was dreading the most.