Chapter 4

*Addison Verlac's POV*

"Hello, hello oh please answer!!!" I pleaded.

"Hello mam, how may I help you?" answered the feminine voice behind the phone.

"Oh thank goodness you answered!" I replied taking a breath, "My son is missing and I have looked everywhere I could think of that he might be."

"Please come and meet me at the sheriff station, and then you can give me the details." The lady replied.

I got up and tried to start my car, but it seemed as if my car hates me as well. It didn't start which left me with either walking or riding my bike. It was evident that the bike was a better
choice. I hopped on and rode as fast as I my legs could peddle to get there.

I approached the station and locked my bike in place. My legs bolted through the door leaving the little bell to fly off the door and hit the ceiling. I could see the itty bitty dent it left and scuff mark. I looked over at the lady who beckoned me into the office.

"Go ahead and sit down. Once you are comfortable please tell me your name and any information possible about your son and when you discovered he was gone."

I nodded...

"His name is Sebastian Verlac, and I noticed he was missing yesterday when I went to wake him up for school."

"Was there anything different you noticed about his room? Like anything he usually wouldn't have happened on a regular night?"

"Well the first thing I noticed was that his window was open, and typically he gets pretty cold easily so he wouldn't do that. His bed was also nicely made and the way he left it before leaving for school the day before yesterday. There weren't any dents or wrinkles in his bed, at least none that I saw." I answered confidently.

"Has he by any chance run away before?" She asked

"Never," I stated

"Has Sebastian ever mentioned anything about being depressed or lonely?"

"Not that I can think of."

"Do you pay enough attention to him and acknowledge his presence?"

I hesitated, "I acknowledge his presence but I don't and am not able to pay as much attention to him as I want to."

She stopped for a few minutes to take some notes.

"Any random mood swings?" She probed further

"Nope" I responded

The lady continued writing any last few notes or self-comments.

"That will be all Miss Verlac"

"If I find anything else and can reach you again what is your name for future references?" I inquired

"Swan, Emma Swan."