Chapter 2 - In The Mood For Love

"Hey, Cas, wanna hang at my place? None of the guys will be there, just us," Tucker smiled to Caspian. They were standing in the hallway, in front of the lockers. Caspian's dark brown eyes widened.
     "Shit, that sounded gay..." Tucker said as he looked down. "I mean, I'm not against that sort of stuff, but I'm not that way—,". Caspian interrupts him,
      "I get it,". Caspian laughed and looked into Tucker's eyes. "Just a hangout,". Tucker smiled and nodded at Caspian.
     "Yeah, I'll be there," Caspian said to Tucker. Tucker smiled wider. "Third house after you take a left past Barnes and Noble?". Tucker nodded and turned around.
     "Hey, Tucker, right?" Laurel smiled. Tucker smiled then frowned.
     "Uhh...Yeah...You're L-Laurel...Right?" Tucker stuttered nervously. He heard Caspian sigh behind him. He then heard Caspian walk away. Tucker sighed.
     "Oh...Sorry...He's my..." Laurel said as Tucker interrupted Laurel.
     "Ex, I know. He talks about you a lot..." Tucker nervously smiled. "I don't blame him, you are really pretty,". Laurel blushed and looked at the ground.
     Tucker turned his head around to see if Caspian was anywhere near. He wasn't. Tucker looked at Laurel, who was turned around, signaling for her friends to come over.
     Shan and Fatima walked over to Laurel and Tucker. Tucker opened his mouth to speak,
     "Ladies...umm...I'm sorry...I gotta go..." Tucker nervously said. "Uhh...Au revoir, Laurel,". He smiled and blushed as he walked to his next class.
      "He so likes you!" Shan squealed. Fatima and Laurel quickly looked at her.
      "Shut up!" Laurel and Fatima quickly yelled to Shan. Shan covered her mouth and laughed. The other two girls rolled their eyes and walked to their classes.
     After their classes was French class, which all three girls had.
     "He doesn't, he just wants to be friendly. Doesn't want a bad reputation, you know?" Laurel said to Shan and Fatima as they entered the room. Fatima and Shan giggled at Laurel.
     "Friendly? Is that what they call flirty these days?" Fatima laughed. Laurel rolled her eyes and Shan opened her mouth.
    "He already has a bad reputation, stupid,". Laurel rolled her eyes at that, as well. As they sat down, they all saw Tucker and his gang across the room.
     "Maybe that's where he got the 'au revoir'," Laurel said to Shan and Fatima quietly.
     "Maybe. Or maybe he knows that French is the language of LOVE," Fatima said as she started laughing. Tucker looked over to us and I shushed Fatima. Shan giggled and looked over to the teacher.
    "Maybe he just likes French, okay?" Laurel said to Shan and Fatima. The two girls giggled at Laurel.
      "He's probably just in the mood for love," Shan said to Laurel as Laurel rolled her eyes.
     When class ended, school was over. Tucker ran up to Laurel as they were leaving to go home.
     "Do you need a ride? I'll be happy to drive you home," Tucker smiled to Laurel. Laurel blushed and looked down.
      "Uh, yeah. Actually, I do," Laurel said as she looked up with her hazel eyes into Tucker's green eyes. Tucker smiled and grabbed her shoulder carefully and led her to his car.
      Laurel was pretty nervous, she never would have thought that TUCKER of all people would drive her home. She was used to either Caspian or Fatima driving her home. She could drive, but she preferred if she was driven home.
      Caspian was waiting in his car. He was waiting for Tucker to call him, to signal that he could come to his house. Cas turned on the radio and it was playing, "Havana" by Camilla Cabello. He smiled but then frowned because this used to be Laurel's favorite song. He sighed and turned on Bluetooth. He shuffled his favorite playlist on Spotify, and it played his favorite sad song, "Baby Don't Cry" by EXO.
     The song reminded him of Laurel, because it was a song about breaking up. He felt bad because he still missed her, even though she didn't miss him.
      "Say no more. Baby. No more..Don't cry," Caspian sang along. He sighed after it got to the chorus again.
      "Baby, dont cry, tonight," he continued singing. He felt tears well up in his eyes. He wiped them away as he pulled up in Tucker's driveway. He sighed and got out of his car.
      "Hey, Tuck, I was wondering if—," Caspian started go say, but he stopped as soon as he saw Laurel get out of the car.
      "Oh, Cas...I forgot I...uh...invited you...Sorry man...we can hang out another time if you don't want to stay..now...," Tucker nervously said. He really had forgotten that he invited his new best friend.
     "Tuck...it's fine. You guys need a bro hangout. I'll just walk home," Laurel said quietly to Tucker. She turned around to face Caspian and she quickly avoided his eye contact. She walked towards Caspian, but avoided him. She was walking home.
      "Laurel! It's fine, I don't mind driving—," Tucker said, but it was too late. Laurel couldn't hear him. Tucker sighed and Caspian looked at him.
      "I'm going home, too," Caspian angrily said. Tucker looked at him wide-eyed.
      "Cas, wait—," Tucker started to say. Caspian looked at him, red-faced.
      "Don't do this to me,". Caspian was not in the mood for love.