Chapter 7 - The Only Hope For Me Is You

Caspian stormed down the hallway, many thoughts on his mind. Some of which include Laurel, and why Tucker chooses her over him. He can't stand the thought of his best friend being dating, or even becoming friends with his ex. Caspian felt a weird feeling swell up inside of him called jealousy.
He was jealous of Tucker. And Laurel?
He finally stopped stomping down the hallway as he saw Fatima and Laurel. He ran up behind Laurel and tapped her shoulder.
She turned around with a surprised look on her face. Caspian half smiled and put his hand on the back of his neck in unexpected nervousness.
"Tuck...He wants us all to talk...About...Yeah..." Caspian said, avoiding eye contact with Laurel.
Laurel turned her head around to face Fatima. She shrugged and Laurel turned her head back around to face Caspian.
"Okay, I'll come, I guess," she said coolly. Caspian exhaled in slight relief and turned around to walk towards where Tucker should be.

Tucker was standing against Caspian's car, with his hands in his army jacket pockets. He sighed every once in a while, while waiting for Laurel and Caspian to meet him. He started to close his eyes.
      "Mom, I'll meet you soon. I promise I will...I just have to find a way...Fast and easy..." Tucker said in his mind. He felt tears run down his face, so he quickly wiped them away. He heard footsteps approaching him and so he opened his eyes.
       He smiled at the sight of Laurel and Caspian walking together. He started to imagine himself walking with Laurel, holding hands with her. He smiled wider at the thought, but it got destroyed by the thought of joining his mother from earlier.
      "So...Tuck...Are you ready?" Caspian said, his fist clenching and unclenching in some sort of a rhythm. Tucker was confused as to why Caspian was so anger, but ignored it and nodded at Caspian's question.
"So, at the hospital...My adopted dad beats me for small things that I do. I'm...abused at home, I guess? My real mom's dead, my father left, and I was adopted," Caspian said as he put his hand on the back of his neck, scratching it in nervousness.
"I have...these thoughts...of suicide...quite often,". Tucker paused as he looked at Laurel who widened her eyes at him. Tucker quickly avoided her eye contact and continued. "I feel like no one really cares, and if they say they do, they only say it out of pity. You both have best friends and someone you care about more than me,".
Tucker felt tears well up in his eyes but he ignored it. He took a shaky breath in and sighed it out.
"Tuck, we ca—," Caspian started to say as he walked towards Tucker. Tucker smacked Caspian's reaching arm away from his shoulder.
       Laurel's eyes got wider and she looked at Tucker with surprise. She opened her mouth but Tucker looked at her quickly with an angry and sad look in his eyes. Laurel then shut her mouth and looked away.
      "You don't. I know you don't. If I fucking died, you wouldn't give a shit. You'd forget in a year or two. You'd move on. Goddammit, just accept it! You. Don't. Fucking. Care," Tucker yelled angrily at Laurel and Caspian.
        Everyone's eyes were wide and everyone had tears in their eyes. Tucker started bawling.
       Laurel and Caspian ran up to him quickly, then hugged and tried to comfort him. Tucker eventually calmed down.
       "You...Shouldn't...Care..." Tucker whispered, his breath shaking as tears ran down his face. Laurel and Caspian hugged him tighter and they were all crying at that point.
       They all heard the bell ring and stopped hugging. Laurel looked into Tucker's pretty eyes then turned around to look away.
       Tucker grabbed Laurel's hand and turned her around to face him. He looked into her eyes and she froze.
       Caspian looked at the cliche and romantic moment, and felt a pang of jealousy in his stomach. He looked away, red faced.
       As Tucker looked into Laurel's eyes, he whispered to her, "The only hope for me is you. I just want you to know,". Laurel's eyes were wide and she half smiled at Tucker and nodded.
     Laurel opened her mouth, "Tucker...I've been meaning to tell you...I like y—,". She was interrupted by a teacher yelling, "Get inside!".
      Laurel turned around to face the teacher. Tucker and Caspian both heard Laurel and their eyes were wide. Caspian felt the same pang of jealousy in his stomach again, but attempted to ignore it. Tucker felt a hint of hope in his heart, and he started to smile.
       "Laurel, what were you saying?" Tucker said to Laurel, as she turned back around. Her eyes widened for the billionth time and she blushed.
       "I was saying that I like Yuri, from Doki Doki Literature Club. Many people think she's creepy, but she's cool. Just wanted you to know," Laurel said quickly and nervously.
       Tucker and Caspian both knew Laurel was lying. Caspian started to stomp away into the building and Tucker had a slight mix of feelings such as sadness, love, and confusion in his stomach.
       Laurel wanted to fix Tucker, but she was afraid she couldn't. Caspian wanted Laurel to love him, but he knows she won't. Tucker wants to die, but he wants to live. They're all mixed emotions and they're the only hope for each other.