Chapter 33

//Kendall//
"ARE YOU DRUNK, ETHAN?! HIGH?!" I said, standing up and rubbing my temples. Is he dumb or something? He can't quit YouTube, that's like the best thing that ever happened to him!
"I'm fully sober Kendall, and I'm fully aware of the choice I just made." He replied, chuckling, the desperation to lighten the mood apparent in his eyes
He's off his nut. He's crazy.
"You're not quitting YouTube." I said, walking into the kitchen to throw my Cheeto bag away.
"Yes I am, Kendall!" He called from the living room.
"IM NOT QUESTIONING YOU, ETHAN! IM TELLING YOU! YOU WONT BE QUITTING YOUTUBE ANYTIME SOON ON MY WATCH!" I screamed.
I know I would absolutely love him to stay here with me more than anything in the world, it's the only thing I really want in life. But I also know Ethan loves spending time with his brother, he loves surfing the Cali waves, he loves meeting his fans that would cross oceans just for one 'hi' and a selfie. And I think it's about time that I put someone else's feelings before mine and I'm going to make sure I do that no matter what this time.
"What's your problem, Kendall? Why can't I just stay here?" He questioned, walking into the kitchen, putting me on the counter and standing between my legs whilst looking up at me.
"Because I know you're only staying here because you pity me, because you feel bad leaving me alone for a second time. Don't try to fool me for a second that you would rather be in this stupid, lifeless town than in CALIFORNIA with YOUR OWN TWIN BROTHER. I think you forget sometimes that he's even your brother, Ethan. And don't get me wrong, I'm not pushing you away, oh hell no, I would walk through hell 10000 times just for you to be with me. But, you know what? I realised that you deserve THE WORLD, Ethan, and I know I can't give you that, but I definitely know that dragging you down with me in this little town sure as hell isn't going to help in the slightest." I admitted, looking anywhere but his eyes.
His hands now rested on my thighs as he tried to come out with a response.
"Come on, Kendall. I don't pity you. I would feel bad for leaving you a second time but that wouldn't stop me from actually doing it if I didn't love you. That's what it is, Kendall. It's because I love you so damn much that I've decided I'm not fucking budging from your side anymore."
"Ethan you can't be serious, you're so blind to see that I'm the person standing in the way of your future." I said, getting all teary. I tried really hard not to, but everyone can only contain so much.
"But what if I told you I want it to stay that way."
"Stop kidding yourself, Ethan."
"Well, yeah, sure, I live for the Cali beaches, the fame, the fans. But that was nothing compared to the stress, the work, the effort I had to put in to get there. I really genuinely meant it when I said I wanted the quiet life. I have a great amount of respect for Grayson, he can keep up with it all and still be able to kick back and relax. I can't. You know how I cope with stress. I just can't. I wanted to get right back on that plane once I saw the first paparazzi camera at the airport. I just wanted to fly all the way back to jersey and watch a bit of scream queens and gossip girl on your couch right next to you. That's all I want and will ever want.
Not the California waves.
Not the fame.
Not the fans, even though they're kinda awesome.
Not the money.
Not the whore next door.
Not Grayson.
Not even the world.
I just want you, Kendall.
You." He said, all emotional as well. He grasped onto my chin, forcing me to look at his beautiful face.
"You don't mean that" I said, trying to convince myself that as we rested our foreheads on each other's, gazing into our tear-glazed eyes.
"Now you're the one kidding yourself" he chuckled. Doofus.

//Ethan//
"I love you" She said, wrapping her arms around my neck and cuddling me.
My heart just got nuked.
That was the first time she said I love you in that way.
I couldn't help myself and crashed my lips onto hers. It was a sweet kiss and when we pulled away I responded.

"I love you too"