chapter 4

Manik's room

Manik is still surprised seeing nandini back and since cabir is the only person knowing the past, he is trying to get to know about Manik's take on it.

C: Manik it has been a hour since auntie told us about her coming back. U haven't said anything

M: cabir I just don't know what to say

C : wow this princess must be something, she made Manik malhotra speechless

M: she is not something, she is everything

C: on a serious note, what do you think about this ?

M : I am shocked, and happy and scared all at the same time

C: why scared?

M: because the last time I met her, is one of the worst memories for all of us. I don't even know if she also blames me like Adi does. If I even matter to her anymore

His words were hollow like even when he was saying this, a part of him knew nandini would never do this. She won't ever blame Manik. She would understand.

C: Manik u ur self told that she knows u like no one else. I am sure she wouldn't blame you. She was ur best friend Manik, although we are not sure about your feelings <wiggles his eye brows suggestively >

M: cabir, I am not joking. U can tease me afterwards. But u know I am elated that she is back, I have been waiting ever since for her return. She is the most special person in my life.

C: and I am sure you are too for her

Manik just sighs and looks up, cabir gets serious seeing Manik's so worried.

M: u know when we were kids, Adi, nandini and I we used be together always. But still sometimes she used to prefer me over Adi, I used to be happy about this but I don't know how I feel about it anymore ,because this lead to what happened in the past.

C: Manik let bygones be bygones. No one can change it. And I am sure this time ur relationship will be even more stronger. I am already shipping it.

Manik has a slight blush upon hearing that.

C : wow even her name makes u blush. I can't wait to see how u react upon seeing her.

M : shut up cabir

C: Ya Ya u don't need me anymore, after all u are going to get her back.

M: are u done with teasing. Go get ready, they will be here anytime.

C: of course you need to look handsome for her, nahi

Cabir goes running after saying this and Manik has a goofy smile on his face thinking about his princess.
----
Malhotra mansion
Hall

Nyo: they are here

The murthy's along with rest of their friends enter the malhotra mansion. Nyounika hugs nandini tightly. Both of them have slight tears in their eyes

Nyo : I missed you princess

N: I missed you too auntie

Raj : and what about me. U didn't miss me princess

N : of course, I missed u too

Raj also goes ahead and hugs her. Everyone else greet each other. They go and sit meanwhile Fab 5 also come.
Manik's eyes are only on his princess. She hadn't changed much, even after all these years she was beauty personified.

Nyo: great u people also came.

S: let me introduce them.

M: I can never forget my princess.

Manik goes ahead and hugs nandini tightly.The kids are all shocked by this, Aditya is angry Whereas shivaay has an expression as if he knew this was coming. Nandini is also stunned at first but than reciprocates the hug.

Cabir fake coughs to bring Manik out of trance. And manik and nandini part away.

N : Manik it's been so long

M: u have no idea princess.

P : OK, if u people don't remember but I do need an introduction.

N: of course, guys this is my best friend from America preeti singhania.

M : hello. These are my friends Mukti, cabir, dhruv and Alia.

N : hello everyone

Cabir goes ahead and hugs nandini.manik scowls at cabir.

C: what hello, this is no way to meet. U have no idea how much I wanted to meet Manik's princess.

Mu : afterall all we hear is princess this, princess that.

M: guys

P : oh it's the same, for the first few years all I heard from nandini was her brothers and Manik.

Nyo: OK kids by the time dinner is being prepared, why don't you all go to the games room on Manik's floor and talk.

She gives shivaay a look which says please keep them from fighting.

M : of course. Come let's go

Fab 5 along with murthy siblings and their friends go upstairs .

A : so nandini tell us something about yourself.

N: there's nothing much to say. I am just a normal girl, although living in America has boosted my confidence, u know away from family and friends, but anyways nothing special. And also I am looking forward to my college year here.

Ru : exactly we couldn't be happier

P: so all of u guys go to the same college

Ad: space academy

P: wow, me and Nandu are joining the same. We can all be a group.

The look on everyone's face upon hearing this was noticed by nandini. She immediately could know something was wrong.

N : what happened guys

M : nothing just nothing. It's just that certain friendships have changed during the past years

Manik says looking at adi while Adi looks back, other's have tensed expressions on their faces.

H : if we could even call that friendship Manik. Adi and u

Shivaay cuts him before he could spill anymore to nandini.

S : u know nandini even Fab 5 are famous as a band. They sing so well .

Ru : anyone can sing now a days

Mu : really than why don't u try

Sh: it's okay guys. Everyone has their talents.

C: exactly we don't need to fight over it.

N : is there something I am missing.

S : princess I will tell u later.

Nandini could see the stern look Manik and Aditya were giving each other. Meanwhile servant comes to call everyone for dinner.
----
That's all for this chapter. Thanks for reading. Do vote and comment.