Back home

I was woken from my nightmare by a loud thud next to my bed followed by a groan. I looked down and saw Link laying on the ground. I looked up and saw his blankets hanging from the bed.

"Did you fall?" I rubbed my eyes.

"Yeah." He sat up. "Scoot over please." He got up. I scooted towards the wall and he got under the sheets with me. I giggled as I thought about him falling from the bed. "What."

"Nothing. Go to sleep." I snuggled into his arms.

"Babe it's daytime. Don't you want to leave?"

"How?"

"I have some horses boarded at the stable near here. We can go get Eva and Epona then go home and you can sleep as long as you want." He kissed my nose.

"Hmm." I wanted to sleep. The thought of going back hadn't really crossed my mind. "When? I'm tired." I yawned.

"Now. It's best to leave early so we can get back quickly." Yikes. Did I really want to leave this comfy bed at this moment? No. Did he? Probably not. But I did want to go back home and be with Eva.

"Alright." I smiled. "Lets get going."

We hopped out of bed and started getting things ready for the journey. Link bought some bags and food and then we left the building.

We walked through the desert again, but this time we weren't dying. I still didn't enjoy the heat, but the dunes were nice to look at. Soon we reached a canyon and started walking through it until we reached a stable. I sat down at a chair while he got the horses. I was sweating because of the heat so I decided to take off one of the shirts I had on and kept the thin one I had under. I wrapped it around my waist and waited for Link to get back.

I heard horses and looked up to see Link walking towards me with two horses. One was all black with one white spot on its forehead, unlike Eva who was black with white legs and mane. And the other was a cream color with white legs and mane. He handed me to reins to the black horse and I got up. 

"This is Domino. He's kinda feisty but all my horses are." I laughed. I pat Dominos forehead before mounting him. Link got on his horse and we continued out of the canyon. Domino was such a beautiful horse. I had never been on another horse other than Eva. I felt like I was cheating on her. I was so tired from waking up so early. I didn't sleep well last night due to nightmares.

"Babe are you tired?" Link asked. I nodded and yawned. "How about we go straight home and I can go get the horses."

"You sure?"

"Yeah." I smiled at him.

"Alright. Thanks."

We rode over bridges and through the plains. It was already night and we hadn't stopped riding. I didn't want to stop I just wanted to get home.

More hours went by and the sun was starting to rise. We were close to Hateno Village and I was so exhausted I could barely sit straight. We trotted up the hill to the village. After a few more minutes we reached the entrance of the village. I was barely awake while we walked up the hill. I looked ahead to the village and saw kids playing and people walking around. I then saw a familiar face. I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wad certain of what I was seeing.

"Mom?!" I called out. Link and I looked at each other .The woman turned around and like I suspected it was my mother.

"(Y/n)??" She was holding a basket of clothes. I hopped off of Domino and ran over to her. She held me tightly and kissed my cheek.

"Mom what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I left your father and a costumer told me about a house here. What are you going here?"