Chapter 1

Hey guys this was actually my first book on here but I took it off because it kept switching between past and present tense and I didn't have enough time to fix it. So here I am posting it but this time I'll get to actually get to the ending. (; Okay so here it goes. Oh ya if I do put an authors note at the begining or end try to read it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The air was so cold. I could barely believe I was there. I mean a girl in that part of town. It looked and smelled just like my foster brothers room. Too bad it wasn’t. If it was, I could have opened the door and walked down the hall to my room. But there I was walking around the ‘bad part of town’ at midnight. I couldn’t believe that I was doing that.

Tears were running down my face. I could barely see. My mind was filled with images of them, those monsters. I saw a bright light. Headlights of a car, maybe. I slowed down my pace a little bit and wiped my tears away. I got a glance of the car. It was a 2001 mustang. It pulled up next to me. I started walking faster. My walking turned into running and my running turned into a sprint. I knew it was hopeless to run away from a car but I still had to try. I ran half a mile. My heart was beating so loud. I was scared it would beat out of my chest. I finally stopped running. I was breathing so loud.  I swear the whole town could hear me breathe.

“Hello miss.” The guy in the car looked about 18. He had blond hockey hair, blue eyes, and a smile that could easily win over any girl. Except me…….kind of. He was wearing a leather jacket over a white shirt. His jeans looked ripped.

“Ummm, hello?” I smiled as I pretended not to be freaked out. I mean who stops their car next to some random stranger this late at night?

“I couldn’t help but notice that you looked distressed so here I am to save the day.” He smiled cockily as if saying ‘yeah I dare you to try not to fall in love with me.’ I tried not to let it get to me. But I knew right away it eventually would.

“Yeah I guess I’m a little upset. But don’t worry I’ll be fine.” I smiled pretending it’s true. He looked at me doubtfully. “I’m serious don’t worry I’ll be fine.” He still looked worried. Well at least someone cared, I thought.

“Here, hop in. I’ll drive you around for a little bit so you can calm down.” Did he really just say that? Was he serious? For all he knew I could have been a serial killer looking for my next victim.

“Ummmm no thanks. Didn’t your parents ever tell you not to get in a car with a stranger?” He laughed at my joke. His laugh was so amazing.

“Well only my mom has ever really told me that. My dad was never really around.”

“Oh I’m sorry about that.” Oh I felt so bad.

“It’s alright, he was a jerk to my mom anyways.” Oh like that made it any more okay for me to say that.

“Well either way I was told never to get into a car with a stranger.” I still couldn’t get in the car with him no matter how much I wanted to.

“Okay. Then let me introduce myself.” His smile was so perfect. “I’m Kyle, and your name is?” He looked at me making me want to crumble at his feet.

“I’m Kathryn.” I was smiling right back at him hoping he would melt just like I did.

“That’s a really pretty name.” He smiled making me melt once again. “Okay well what should I tell you about myself. Hmmm well my favorite color is red. My birthday is July 13, 1994. I’m 17 years old if you can’t do the math.” I burst out laughing. Dang he was super funny.