part 10

ANNA

"What the fuck am I supposed to do with brackets, then?" Shawn almost yelled, throwing his pencil down onto my desk, letting it bounce off and roll under my wardrobe. He was clearly frustrated about his problem solving, though I thought placement of brackets would be pretty easy to him at least.

I mean... it was a bit babyish to throw a temper tantrum because you can't figure out how to solve an equation but each to their own.

"Shawn" I huffed, prodding my cheeks and attempting to hide my annoyance. "Just sit back for a second and relax" I nodded, closing the booklet. "I'm gonna go grab you some water, and that pencil while I'm at it"

Shawn simply laughed and shook his head "It's ok, don't worry."

Slightly shocked at his seemingly nice response, I insisted on getting the water. I needed space away from his suffocating testosterone anyway.

"I'll get my stress pencil then" Shawn breathed as he let out a coy laugh. He stood and I exited the room, running downstairs.

I grabbed my phone that had earlier vibrated in my pocket and checked my messages.

TALS❤ : Anna banana, is he there yet? Xx
TALS❤ : Is he?
TALS❤ : What's he wearing? Xx
TALS❤ : Sorry, I just remembered you hate him :( X

I chuckled and shook my head at Talia's craziness. It was like she went through all the possible emotions in 2 minutes of one sided texts.

She at least deserved a reply so I hit my keys until I formed a sentence.

Yeah, unfortunately he didn't cancel. And exactly what he was wearing at school but with a leather jacket :) Xxx

I was sure that was enough so I pocketed my phone and slouched my way towards a cupboard, pulling out a half pint glass and closing the cupboard back shut.

I filled it almost to the brim with water and placed it on the sideboard so that I could wipe my hands. Feeling another vibration in my back pocket, I pulled my phone out and read the words that were displayed on my screen.

TALS❤ : We love a leather jacket 😍 does he look hot? Xx

I rolled my eyes and heavily sighed

Haha shut up, Talia Xx
And yes...
But that doesn't change the fact that he's a brat Xx

Sinking my phone into my front pocket this time, I shook my head and grabbed Shawn's water before making my way upstairs and stepping through my door.

Shawn laughed "You look like you're doing a balancing act, do you think you may have filled that up too high?"

I shrugged with a simple, sarcastic "no" and placed his drink next to his work, on top of a text book.

"Thanks" He smiled. I saw him reach into his lap and grab something. In my opinion, it looked extremely sketchy but I was quickly relieved. "There you go" Shawn sang as he dropped the pencil on my desk in front of me.

I mean, that was nice of him for a change, right?

"Now, mendes, look at this with a fresh pair of eyes" I recommended and he did as I said, opening his booklet and picking up his pencil.

Shawn groaned and tapped his fingers on the table. His eyes were firmly fixated on the paper and I watched intently to see any change as he understood the question. But no.

"That right?" He asked, leaning backwards and pushing the booklet towards me.

"Yeah, well done." I smiled, showing pride. "Now we can move on to a few higher level ques-", vibrations cut my sentence off. I let it go before another message came through, and another, and another.

"Who you ignoring?" Shawn questioned me, looking very inquisitive. I opened my mouth to answer him but I was out of time, extremely unfortunately.

He reached down and grabbed my phone out of my pocket. His touch shouldn't have given me the shivers that it did but it was to be expected. He'd just touched my upper thigh, a place I'd definitely not been touched before. Regardless of whether he meant to.

"Oh" He smirked, placing my phone back in my lap and causing that awful feeling again. "That was easy"

My head suddenly began pounding as I recalled my last message to Talia. "Have you ever heard of privacy, Shawn?" I scowled before checking my phone.

TALS❤ : All I'm taking from that is you find him and his leather jacket hot Xx

My eyes flew out of my head and I'm actually surprised I'd managed not to faint of embarrassment. My cheeks morphed into cherry tomatoes and Shawn's next comment definitely didn't help.

"Oh, this old thing?" He chuckled, pointing at his jacket.

"I wasn't talking about you, you're repulsive. We were talking about" I stammered for a second, thinking of who to choose "Talia's brother... yeah him. He's really hot. Yep. You should go" I rambled.

I watched his face as his cheeks turned into a balloon, ready to explode with laughter. He was up himself, wasn't he? Thinking I was calling him hot. I was... but he just assumed. He just assumed he was hot. What a jerk!

I stood up, handing him his booklet and waving him in my direction. He followed me with a bit of nagging and physically pushing against his chest. I managed to move him to my front door as he showed little to no resistance.

"Make your mind up, am I hot or repulsive?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow.

My eyes turned to slits "You're a repulsive fuck boy who needs to get a life" I frowned, growling slightly and breathing heavily.

I opened my front door behind him and pushed him out, slamming it behind me. It was not an over reaction. IT WAS NOT AN OVER REACTION.

'Oh my God, I just swore out loud' I thought to myself, making myself feel ten times worse.

I didn't think I was too unsuccessful in making shawn believe I was talking about Talia's brother. Although, something was telling me he knew I wasn't.

Tomorrow would be... horrible.