part 7

SHAWN

I don't know what came over me. Honestly, I vowed to say what I thought and be what I want in this life. But I didn't want to be the type of person who preyed on random girls and I didn't want to be the type of person who said 'we might as well make this fun' to my nerdy (rude nevertheless) tutor. Of course it would be a bonus but I didn't want to voice it So frequently.

I couldn't let her go to mine, could I? The rusty, rented garage in the middle of nowhere. No WiFi, a bathroom separated by a curtain, steel floor, steel walls and the wonderful patchy sofa that I used as a bed, a table and a seat. Nobody could find out that I lived there. Not even a girl like Anna.

I could do maths. I was a straight A student before I died but do you think I'd genuinely care about my grades after realising how little they matter in the grand scheme of things? I'll give you a hint... Fuck no.

So generally speaking, I was going to learn something I already knew how to do, with a girl I couldn't stand, at a house I'd never been to. Fun.

"What's got you all smouldery?" Christie chirped as she skipped in front of me. I was walking with Jordy, Dylan and Christie. They were walking home, I was walking to my... place?

I snapped out of my daze to look at her. "Anna Houston"

"Anna Houston's got you, quote, smouldery?" Jordy laughed "whatever you like, I guess"

I rolled my eyes, wincing at the thought. "Shut up, Jord. Obviously not In that way." He smiled widely. "Look, I gotta go, alright? See you tomorrow"

I turned and made my way through a dark tunnel. Just a milestone in my commute to my creepy garage. As I walked, I thought about how ridiculous my predicament actually was. I was a dead guy, who'd left his amazing family to live in a different country, at age 17. I had completely changed (for the better in my opinion) but it was so strange. Incredibly horrifying and unjustified, however, I feel like it was fate. It was meant to be and it had to happen. I had to appreciate life and realise there's more to it than work. Sometimes stable is unsteady.

ANNA

Guess who I have to tutor... 🙄

I texted Talia as I changed into my sweatpants and hoodie 100 sizes too large. This was my only salvation after finding out I was going to be spending quality time with shetheed :)

TALS❤ : Ooh that's a hard one. Is it the hard one? 😂

I rolled my eyes and giggled slightly.

You're not wrong :(

I answered her, groaning. He was going to ruin my life and I was certain of it. I was pretty sure he'd admitted it - action wise. Usually, I didn't like tutoring people because the people who needed tutoring had gotten themselves in that position and had no motivation to work. But this time... I was going to hate it. I'd never hated it before.

TALS❤ : Man, I gotta get better at math, he's gorgeous. I'm getting you ready for him of course, what time's his appointment? ;)

I laughed again at her beautiful sense of humour. Yet I also felt a stirring in my throat that I think people call... vomit? Not sure though. I get it, ok? He's hot. Extremely attractive. 'Gorgeous' but he was a dick! I don't get ready to impress any boy, let alone someone like him. I actually felt an impulse to make myself look absolutely disgusting (not that it's hard) just to make him hate our sessions even more than he'd already very publicly and extravagantly proven.

5:30 and don't think so, Talia. I don't want to build his ego up any higher 😂 he'd 100% think I did it to make him fancy me. Ew.

TALS❤ : not ew. I'll be subtle. Talk at school, ya girl needs to go to Dance.

I put my phone down, wincing. I couldn't let her do anything to my appearance. Anyone would think the world had gone mad!
I glanced over at my desk, covered with open revision books and stationery. I had to tidy that up before he saw it, my room was a complete mess and I couldn't risk a loudmouth finding that out.
It's just tutoring
It's not that bad
It's just an average boy
I'm being dramatic
Right?