part 13

JORDY

So... Christie. She was something else. I'd never found myself being so attracted to someone. Apart from Talia of course but I couldn't with her, I wouldn't get anywhere. From what I heard, she wanted the chase and I wasn't prepared for that. I was used to getting what I wanted. So this is where I stood with Christie... she was undeniably hot and I knew she felt the same about me. It's not rocket science. We were perfect for each other, the king and queen of the school together as a power couple. What could be more perfect? aside from the way she looked in that skin tight dress. 

I'd found myself back at my house party, watching Christie dancing with Shawn from the corner. I couldn't help but feel my fists tighten as the bones in my knuckles cracked. Who did he think he was? He was the new kid and he already had Christie all over him; it made me sick. She was mine, not his, not anyone's. Christie was the only one I wanted, how dare she want someone else? 

Watching her trying to be so provocative around Shawn made my blood boil, why do you need to seduce him when all you need is stood in the corner, just waiting for you to realise? He didn't understand how lucky he was, he was just dancing with her as if he knew he could take her to bed any second. This wouldn't do. Christie was making me jealous and i'd never been jealous before. All at the hands of Shawn. I needed to do something that made her realise she'd made a mistake. Something that would make her jealous and angry.

So I hatched a plan.

ANNA 

"I'm gonna go talk to Dylan, he looks flustered" Talia smiled with a furrowed brow "you wanna come with?" 

I shook my head profusely "I think i'll just stay here with my water". With a squeeze of my arm, Talia skipped towards Dylan, making his face quickly turn soft.

I smiled, glancing in each direction of the party, awkwardly. My arms crossed tightly at my chest and I broadened my shoulders in defense. I was kind of hoping to see Shawn there (don't get your hopes up, not in that way), I had no clue why. I guess it was just because I wanted to see what he was like when he didn't know I was around. Was he always a dick or did he just hate me? 

Suddenly, I felt my arm jolt forwards at a fast pace, sending my red cup flying in front of me and my water splashing like a tsunami all over my top and skirt. Hahaha... haha... great... 

"Oh my god, i'm so sorry" I heard singing over my shoulder.

Jordy... why did this have to happen to me of all people. I hated him, couldn't he have bumped into a girl who fancied him and made her day? Instead of barging into me and making nothing but my shirt wet. I should have gone with my gut and stayed at home.

I gulped and took a few deep breaths in, attempting to regain my balance and become calm again. I was pretty sure he did it on purpose for a few laughs. "Oh, I-It's fine. Don't worry" 

"Come with me, I'll get you cleaned up" Jordy smiled apologetically, reaching his hand out.

It was only water, I didn't need to get cleaned up. I needed to get dried up, so I rolled my eyes. However, I hit his hand away and proceeded to follow him to the kitchen. Jordy grabbed a towel and took me out of the kitchen which was slightly weird, because surely the kitchen was a great place to dry yourself, not the living room next to a group of dancing, sweaty teenagers.

I began to ask Jordy why he was taking me out of the kitchen but he hushed me, making sirens alarm in my head. Code red, Talia. Could you turn up soon please before I have to punch pretty boy in the face?

Jordy had dragged me towards a wall, reassuring me that there was nothing weird about leaving the kitchen, so I nodded, reaching out for the towel before he pulled it away from me.

"Anna, let me be a gentleman" He shouted above the music, in my ear.

Before I could respond, Jordy bundled the lilac towel into a tight ball and began pressing it up against my chest, his face inching closer to mine as his eyes turned sour. I felt sick, allowing my eyes to glaze over. He wasn't even doing anything that bad but to me it felt criminal and I couldn't escape how uncomfortable I felt. I really disliked Jordy and the way he treated people so even talking to him made me feel weak, which didn't help in such a magnified situation.

"Um, Jordy. I think I can do it myself" I mumbled, attempting to push him away from me.

The 6 foot 2 football player didn't answer me (or listen), he only pushed himself harder onto me as though he could do whatever he wanted. I struggled to escape his pressure against the wall but twisting my head to the side and gulping was the only thing I could do. I'd love to say I'd slapped him and yelled obscenities at him, making him plead for forgiveness but that just didn't happen. It could have don't get me wrong but I was frozen.

"Get off me" I whispered, below the bellowing thud of the bass heavy music. 

"No" Jordy responded bluntly, shocking me... dumbfounding me. How could he have that much blatant disrespect? It was more than disrespect but I couldn't put my finger on what it was.

My mouth opened and stayed open for what seemed like forever. I felt my hands twist around the top of his shirt, attempting to hang on to something to throw him off me. Reality of the situation was that I was being held against a wall by Jordy's body and everyone could see. Presumably they'd be thinking I was into it.

All of a sudden, Christie grabbed Jordy's waist and flung him off me, planting a heavy, prolonged kiss on his lips. I'd never been so happy to see that demon in my life.

After departure, she scanned my body up and down with a clear expression consisting of disapproval, confusion and jealousy.

"What's she doing here? Baby" Christie scoffed.

I wiped a tear from my cheek and turned to my right to walk away from the situation. However, an arm clothed in leather slammed on the wall next to me, preventing any escape.

"Yeah, Jordy. What's she doing here?"

Gulping, I stared up at Shawn inquisitively. What was he doing here? Why was he asking about me? My vision was blurry and my sense all merged into one. I was feeling overwhelmingly scared, confused and embarrassed. So much it consumed me.

Jordy raised his hands above his head and chuckled "I tried to reject her, Mendes. She lays it on thick"

I quickly became dumbfounded. My jaw dropped and so did Shawn's. Although, for different reasons. He was clearly shocked and clearly believed his new best mate. Why wouldn't he? Why would he even care if I did?

"Of course she did" Shawn nodded while rolling his eyes.

I simply shook my head, unable to say anything but "where's Talia? I need Talia"

"Talia's not h" Christie began, being cut off by Shawn.

"She's over there" He pointed, his face scrunched up as he obtained complete eye contact with the wall directly above my head.

I nodded, wiping another tear from my damp face.

"Thank you"