part 1

SHAWN'S P.O.V

"For God's sake" I groaned, planting my face into my black, leather sofa. Pieces of material had been torn out; exposing the white sponge underneath - tasteful. Using my old media account that I had used back in Canada, I'd checked up on the recent reopening of the infamous body snatching case. Sounds like a movie, right? They'd discovered a new lead in who they thought had stolen the 16 corpses. Unfortunately yet fortunately, they were wasting their time.

After the case had become so well known, each of our faces were plastered around the country. I had to get out of that place. Constantly hiding from all but 15 of the population was driving me insane. Therefore, I moved to England. It was pretty easy - as I no longer existed - to not get caught.

So... I bought a garage, a sofa and a microwave and brought my all important laptop with me. This was where I lived. Now, life was all cosy- I'd put my past behind me, starting a fresh and attempting to force myself to think that my family were coping-  until I realised that to the people around me I was completely and utterly alive. So I had to make a life for myself. I had to start school.

I had nothing prepared for the next day. I figured I'd just put pens in my pockets. I'm dead, why should I care?

People often told me to be happy and get rid of my thunder face but It's harder than it sounds. Afterall, how would they react if been through what I had? I hate to sound like a pity craver but hello! I died. I'm bound to be pretty effected by that.

Honestly, I felt disgusted that my parents and my sister were sat at home thinking my dead body had been stolen for God knows what. However, I was roped into a horrible pact with the other 15 whereby the consequences could be worse to my family than the whole situation was already.

Moving to England meant that I could stay away from the others. They wouldn't expect me to go back to my family when I lived 4000 miles away from them. Plus, I had to get away from the people who decided to hunt for the 16 faces that had gone missing from Monarch Hospital.

*  *  *
My eyes fluttered open as I awoke to the sound of a truck outside my garage reversing and beeping as if it's life depended on it. Opening my laptop that I hadn't sufficiently turned off, I searched attentively for the time in the corner of the screen.

8:46 am

"Shit" I muttered, launching off of the sofa and grabbing a pair of black jeans that had been drying next to my portable heater. My first day at my new school and I woke up 6 minutes after the bell rang for first period. Although I was mostly dead, I still needed to allow the head to like me so I didn't get told to do one before I'd even learned anything.

Picking up my white T-shirt, I made a run for the bathroomy thing I'd installed in the corner. It had a curtain round it but I hadn't found myself needing it just yet as I hadn't encountered people since I got it.

I threw my T-shirt over my head and vigorously brushed my teeth whilst simultaneously washing my face. I'd have showered but I had -20 minutes to get to school so that was out of the question. Having a body that was kind of supposed to be decomposing was slightly worrying of course.

Last of all, I put on a black leather jacket and a pair of black chelsea boots. Accelerating out the door and down the street, I sprinted in the direction of Acadia high school. Should've worn my gym trainers.

Running there took me 15 minutes. Couldn't have chosen a closer garage could I? I finally skidded round the corner of the school gates at 9:15. 29 minutes late.

"Sorry I'm late, sir. I overslept" I explained "It won't happen again." I wasn't out of breath because... well... I didn't breathe. Kind of a blessing and a curse. This led Mr.Cartwright to believe that I hadn't tried to get to school on time. But whatever...

He was a grey haired, middle aged man wearing a grey suit. Your typical head teacher.

"Mendes, nice to finally make your acquaintance. Although half an hour late" He nodded with disapproval.

I sucked in my bottom lip and awkwardly stared into the corner of the room, holding out my hand in a bid to shake his. The head teacher took up my offer and slowly strolled from the door to his desk, sitting down with a large sigh.

"Better late in this life than early in the next" He laughed.

I winced, remembering that I was in fact early in the next life. "Oh, I was just. My alarm didn't go off"

"Ahh" He nodded. "That's right"

I adjusted my position, tensing my shoulders and breaking eye contact with my teacher. Confused, I glanced into the corner once more and focused on the shelves and strange ornaments on top.

"Shall we begin? Here's your time table. Biology first, is it?"

I took the paper off him and nodded, leaning back in my chair. I know it sounds strange but I couldn't help but worry - when somebody mentioned something about me dying. Even something small like that. - I felt so uneasy. Being someone who rarely cared about anything or anyone ( apart from my family ) feeling uneasy was like feeling an urge to die. My face was huge in Canada so he could easily have recognised me. Anyone could. So... I believed that Mr. Cartwright knew something.