Wily

Sarah's POV

Walking away from him, she was not angry, she was disappointed.  Ashton had no clue how to not be a total flirt, and just be a normal human being to talk to. He could open up a small amount in a dimly lit closet when they were alone, but he instantly became that douche she disgusted when he was around a group of people. 

Walking up to her small apartment building, her phone buzzed in her pocket and she grabbed it to see a foreign number but a text that made her laugh. 

Unknown-

Whatever you said to Ashton gave him the balls to go out with Amelia. They have been gone for close to an hour now. 

She had given Luke her number before she left the bus and hoped he would text her in the next couple of days but not the same night. 

Sarah-

What can I say. I give great encouragement. And might I say I am shocked you are even texting me right now. Usually you are supposed to wait a few days. 

Luke-

Haha. I usually would but let's be real, nothing is happening between us. Oh...I think I just heard Ashton walk into his room. 

Sarah-

Ohhhh the mysterious Ashton. 

Luke- 

Not very mysterious. He is a bit loud. 

Sarah-

Information I did not need to know. 

That's when her phone began to ring and she laughed as she answered dropping all the things on her couch. 

"Now you're calling? Are you sure you're not into me?" She joked. 

"Sorry?" Ash's voice came through the phone. 

She looked at her screen to see that the number was not Luke's.  

"Ashton?" She sat down next to the stuff she had just dropped on the couch. 

"That would be me. Thanks for giving your phone number to Luke. I mean having to pry that phone out of his hand was a bit of a hassle but worth it," He laughed. 

She sat on the couch, looking around the room, not thinking of a single clever thing to respond to him with. 

"Are you still there?" He asked. 

"Yeah. Yeah. I am still here," She shook her head finally getting up from the couch and walked to her bedroom to get out of her concert clothes. 

"And you have no response? You are like the queen of responses," she could hear his smile and it gave her a warmth creep along her body. 

"I don't get why you are calling me? Or why you stole my number from Luke," She tossed her clothes on the floor and climbed into her bed. 

"I felt I needed to thank you. After you left-"

"Yeah I heard you manned up and asked Amelia out. Good job," she laughed. 

"See there are the quick responses I expect from you," he responded. 

"Is that the reason you called me? To say thank you? Because it's not necessary. I hope it goes well with Amelia," She was about to hang up when she heard him shout for her not to hang up. She put the phone back to her ear and let out a huff.

"I need your help,"  he huffed 

"I'm sorry? You need my help for what exactly?" She reached over to her table to grab her book and flipping to the page she had left off at.