[9] Old Habits Die Hard

A/N: just FYI, I gave up using song names of every chapter ;)

______________________________

Nick's POV

"So baby, what do want for breakfast?"

I looked over at Demi, she was sat on the stool at the breakfast bar, staring into space.

"Demi"

No reaction.

"Demi!"

She continued staring into space, it was like she had gone somewhere else, she was here but she wasn't really here. Her eyes were glassy, I've seen that look before, I just cant work out where..

"N-no no" she began to mutter.

"OH MY GOD DEMI!" I dashed around the kitchen island and took her by the shoulders, I know this will freak her out but I need to bring her back, I shook her.

"Demi?!"

She screamed, her breathing got faster and she was shaking all over.

"Breathe Demi, breathe. Look, match your breathing to mine" I inhaled slowly and exhaled slowly. "just like that, and again"

"I-I'm s-s-sorry N-Nick, I d-dont know wha-at hap-pened" she struggled to get out.

"shhh Baby, don't talk. Just breathe."

"I-I'm fine"

"That was not something that happens to someone who is 'fine' Demi. I'm not going to ask you what it's about because I don't want to start you off again, but when your ready, we have to talk about this, okay?"

"Okay"

"OOO-kay, so what do you want for breakfast?" I asked again "I could make waffles, pancakes, eggs or-"

"I'm not hungry" she whispered.

"Oh no you don't Demi, we are not going back there again"

"I'm not, I'm just..just not hungry" Again she said it with no eye contact.

"What about oatmeal or toast?"

"I'll have some oatmeal then"

"Okay, babe but can you make it? I have to go to the toilet quickly."

"Oh yeah sure" she slid off the stool and opened the cupboard.

I knew exactly what I was going to do.

______________________________

Demi's POV

I guess I have to have something.

"I'll have some oatmeal then" I decided.

Nick looked pleased with himself. He smiled for a moment and then stood up;

"Okay, babe but can you make it? I have to go to the toilet quickly."

"Oh yeah sure" I slid off the stool and opened the cupboard containing the oatmeal.

I began the measure the oats and the milk out in a jug.

You know you deserved it right? and now your eating this, eww.

Ever since the other night the voices have been harder to ignore than usual. I am usually quite good at blocking them out but the other night knocked me off a bit. Well okay, a lot...

I put the oatmeal in a bowl and put it in the microwave.

This is stupid, I told myself you aren't normally scared of food. I can't fall back into my old ways. Not after all this time.

"I am beautifully and wonderfully made" I told myself.

The microwave pinged, I got out the bowl, grabbed a spoon and set it down at the breakfast bar. I went over to the sink and got a glass if water and then sat down.

"Hey babe" Nick came back into the kitchen.

"Hi" I said quietly, picking up my spoon.

"I'm going to make my self some eggs, you can have some of mine if your still hungry after that" Nick offered, motioning to my oatmeal.

"No thanks, I'm good" My spoon still hovering over my bowl.

I put the spoon in and and brought it to my mouth. I'm beautifully and wonderfully made. I told myself and took a mouthful.

I ate about half the bowl and was about to put my spoon in again when my voice started playing out of Nicks phone.

I looked up to Nick, confused.

"It's my ringtone, do you like it?" Nick smiled.

I smiled back as he answered.

"Hello. Yes I am. What? No I can't, this isnt a good time for me" He glanced towards me. " okay okay calm down, ill be there. Bye."

Nick slammed his phone on the worktop.

"FUCK! I'm so sorry Demi"

_____________________________

A/N : oh no whats happening now! Who called Nick and why is he upset?

So this chapter confused one of my dipshit gobshite friends (ly really bae) and I just need to explain;

Basically someone called Nick and because it's from Demi's POV you can only hear one side of the conversation, so Nicks pissed off cuz he doesn't like/want to do what the person on the other end of the phone told him. He says sorry to Demi because...aaaannddd you'll find out in the next chapter, gosh I'm evil any hoo.

Do you guys like this fanfic so far?

I'm a writing mood at the moment so you might even get another chapter in a few hours!! :)

Love ya'll

vote, comment, share and keep reading!

follow me on Twitter @mylittl3warrior

Stay Beautiful 💕

- Lauren x