[18] Little One

Demi's POV

"Demi I'm here! what's up girl?" Marissa called from the door.

"I'm in here" I mumbled through the many pillows and blankets I had my face buried in.

"Whats wrong?" she came and sat down on the bed next to me and pulled back a blanket to reveal part of my face.

"I've been asked to do a free concert"

"Well Dems, that's great!" she sounded excited until she saw my face and then her tone dropped. "isn't it?" she asked, stroking my hair.

"Yeah it's great" I sighed, sitting up, my hair matted to one side of my face.

"Well you sound like you are trying to convince your self more than me.."

"I'm happy about the concert.." I started trying to tame my hair.

"then what is it?"

"Well...I.." I was going to tell her, but I thought better of it. "it doesn't matter".

I would rather not believe that I was carrying a baby who's father was unknown, and if I tell someone about it, it seems more real.

I don't want it to be real.

"Hmm, well do you wanna go out for a meal or something tonight?" Marissa asked. "to celebrate."

"I don't really feel like celebrating right now M. Its just a small venue with hardly any people and it will only last like an hour, it's no big deal."

"Come on it'll be fun." She grabbed me by my arm, but I shook her off.

"Okay, but try not to look soo happy about it."

"Yay! Let's go to prezzo, I think your supposed to book, but your Demi Lovato so I'm sure they can squeeze us in"

Eugh

___________________

"Can I get you any drinks, Miss Lovato?" She turned to Marissa. "Miss Callahan?"

"Erm.. I'll have a flute of champagne, in fact.." Marissa looked at me "we'll take a bottle please"

The waitress smiled, and turned to leave.

"Actually could I just have a water please?" I corrected Marissa.

"Sure" she smiled changing her notes.

Marissa grabbed my hand from across the table, "Come on, you haven't had a drink for ages, a little won't hurt."

Yeah well, that's not the only reason I'm not drinking.

"No, I would rather play it safe." I faked a smile.

"Suit yourself" she eyed the waitress walking toward us with the the drinks.

"Thankyou" I mumbled as she put the water in front of me.

___________________

The meal was nice, the experience however was not. Marissa insisted on pretending everything was normal, while all I could think about was that night and the possibility of a child growing inside of me.

I spent the rest of the evening listening to Marissa and Natalie gossip on the speaker phone about Natalie 'still searching for a boyfriend'.

When they had said goodbye Marissa sat on my bed.

"You have been really quiet all evening, I know there is something wrong. Tell me."

I suddenly felt like I was going to be sick.