Chapter 17; Thinking Out Loud

There is a lot going on in this chapter and i am sorry but please keep reading as this is a HUGE chapter. Thank you so much xoxo

Walking into the all too familiar house, Rhona combed a hand through her tangled hair. 2 weeks has passed since Michael’s party and that means 2 weeks since Ashton left her.  She dwelled on it for a while but with Luke to distract her, she managed to keep her mind off it.

Just not as much as she would want.

Rhona walked into the house not bothering to knock. She practically lived there now; she was acquainted with the red couch and patchwork pillows, the black carpet that didn’t quite match the blue ripped wallpaper and the thick smell of smoke and other substances.

She walked upstairs and chapped on the door with the slanted Nirvana poster and a ‘beware of owner’ sign. The door swung open to reveal who she was looking for.

Luke.

“Edwards! Come for a little sugar?” Luke wiggled his eyebrows as she brushed past him and took a seat on his bed.

“Can I crash here tonight? My mum is being a bitch about everything.” Rhona waved it off and Luke took a seat next to her, lighting his blunt.

“Of course you can, babe. Anything for you.” He laughed and placed a hand on her upper thigh. “Is she pissed because you have missed school for the past 4 days?” He passed her the joint and she gladly took it.

“That and the fact I didn’t come home last night.” Both of them laughing as she lay back on the bed.

“Well, I will take full responsibility for that. You got absolutely blottered drunk and crashed here.” Lying beside her, Luke started to kiss her neck lightly and traced circles into her stomach. “I mean, I did supply the alcohol after all.” He chuckled.

This was how Rhona was distracting herself, getting drunk and high and complaining about all the other shit in her life. Luke supplied her with everything to satisfy her needs. He was her deadly cure.

“I have to say Hemmings, you have a way of spoiling me. Such a gentleman.”

Luke pulled away from her and started to play with her hands. He loved to do that.

As much as he was a dick, he was sweet to her.

“You’re like a dolphin.” He randomly blurted out.

“What? How so?”

“I don’t know, you look like one.” Sitting up, Rhona laughed and hit Luke in the stomach.

“I think all this weed has gone to your head.” She said as she put out the joint in his ashtray. “I don’t look like some weird sea animal that should be a fish but is actually a mammal.”

 She laughed as she felt Luke’s fingers wrap around her sides and begin to tickle her lightly. Rhona laughed as he tickled her harder and she was panting for breath.

“You sound like one…” Luke started as he eased up and let her catch her breath, “and, I think they are beautiful creatures. I think they exceed all expectations of what beauty is.”

Her cheeks flushed a bright red and she looked away from him but he pulled her face to his own. “I think you’re wonderful. Too good for Ashton…too good for me.”

“Don’t tell me you want me to stay away as well?” Rhona laughed trying to make light of this serious conversation.

“I would never baby girl. Ashton might be scared of love, but me? I’ll happily accept it if I get to love you.”