IOFB: Chapter: 0.2

a/n: i'm one of the flightless birds, how about you?

third persøn pøv: (all the way thrøugh)

"why are they holding hands?" castiel asked, her crimson wings hanging off the branch as the two sat there. her brown hair on her shoulder, as her dark colored clothes and black combat boots lay atop her body. her piercing eyes, more like swords stabbing the bad and bringing them down to her level. her lowest b on a piano, kind of level.

"they do that, is that a problem?" seth asked, in his white dress shirt and wings that kept themselves up on their own. almost like a feathery bird, an invisible halo above him, his curly hair and soft blue eyes soothed anyone who swam in them. never letting them drown. castiel rolled her eyes, staring at the dark clouds, making them darker than the ocean. attempting to, but not succeeding.

"remember what josh said, that's impossible. they're dark enough, and besides," seth started, then stared at the small village over the hill with the windy roads, looking through houses for the boys. "they're inside."

"so be it then, i like scaring spooky boy, his name is jim right?" she asked, seth rolled his soft blue eyes in F# to her, shaking his head and holding his head in his hands. his suspenders holding his white pants up, with his bright blue shoes hanging in the hair under the thick branch the pair were sitting in.

"josh. his name is josh." seth corrected, adding his own shade of red to the table, castiel smirked at his c# tone, in orange yellow. that's how she smirked, knowing anyway that seth was mad at her. she loved it when he wasn't all kissed up to the world, and the people they stared at day to day. she put the thunderstorm a foot behind it's path as a reward, feeling pink for the first time in a while.

"why are you smiling?' he asked, she chuckled, her cackley red and brown laugh.

"you're not happy, i'm taking advantage. don't fake it either, you can't do that like me. you don't know how. you're not so torn, so fake smiles on your face hurt as much as the glass in my skin hurts me day to day." castiel explained, sighing at the metaphor. knowing seth couldn't and wouldn't understand even if he wanted to. tyler would, josh definitely. but seth had josh's wings. castiel didn't know what was going to happen with hers, if they were going to the alien's broken friend or not.

"sorry. i'll shut up then." seth answered, looking into the darker part of the clouds castiel brought to the village. she looked into his soft blue eyes, they were harder than they usually would be. she didn't question it, knowing right now if she did anything it would make something wrong.

"you wouldn't have to you know. you just wouldn't understand. which, in your case, is a good thing." she said, with a small tint of pink on her cheeks. seth looked at her as if she were crazy, which she was. aqua, neon pink. aqua neon pink in b#, non existent craziness. she's immortal in a way, and that's how it was. description or not, she'd be that to anyone she came across.

"you're my only friend, or person to talk to rather, why can't i understand?" seth whined, still a little mad at her. she took her hands, covered in fingerless black gloves, and held his in them. seth's cheeks became tinted pink. he denied the feelings, constantly. as did castiel, only she was naturally physical. he wasn't.

"you can't. angels don't feel pain, you earned that privilege, keep it. or he dies, and you loose your wings." she said, cupping his cheek. a fire rose in the pit of her stomach. the lava of hawaii setting the ocean on fire. she repressed it naturally, but couldn't this time. pink, green, purple now, but she ignored it regardless.

"o-okay." he said, seth's eyes became wide, like a child's when they listened to a story. castiel nodded and let go of his pale, clean hands. something she would never have, never again.