IOFB: Chapter: 0.6

a/n: i'm sorry this took so long. i haven't been the best, of sons hello i've been traveling to get better and it maybe worked but as i write this i don't know. but we pray it did. so lets just say it did and carry on with the story, shall we?

third persøn all the way thrøugh:

castiel sat in the table next to the two lovers, hands holding her chocolate colored hair, squeezing it, as if she were to rip it out. seth sat across in his angel fashion, his wings darker than they'd ever been. he wanted to comfort the crying devil, whose piercing eyes were softening with a pastel blue emotion, surrounded by a tearful red where the whites were supposed to be.

"castiel, what's wrong? we just sat down and you started to cry?" seth asked, castiel shook her head, her glove covered hands making her hair stick up in some places from the static it left. she didn't want him to see her like this, but knew it was the only way she'd stop crying.

"t-the t-t-town they-re g-going to i-is m-my home-t-town." she said softly, stuttering the whole way through, seth brushed his fingers against her black glove, she looked up at him, dark rings around her eyes and red in the middle. she needed him but she'd never admit it. 

"it's okay castiel. it really will be alright." seth assured, his angel senses kicking into a high missile-gear. the devil in front of him shook her head and stared right at him, her eyes stabbing his to stay locked until she let him go.

"seth, i just learned how josh is going to die." she stated, choking on a sob as she talked. seth gulped as they both looked to their left, where the boys were giggling and flirting with one another as they ate the first real meal they had in god know's how long.

"c-castiel. don't tell me. please." seth said, she kept staring at the pair, the alien and his skeleton. the couple that had a love that'd last probably forever in the universe it lay in.

"i'm not going to. i'm not going to touch it unless i need to." she said, seth nodded, looking up at the engraved ceiling, where there was an odd design from the 60's popping out fro the white, making it seem classier than it really was the in diner. a C instead of a C-Sharp.

"thank you." he said, she nodded, folding her trembling hands together on the hard, beige and maroon table. smiling to herself, thinking of how josh was being taken care of by tyler in the last day he had left, knowing the two would sleep somewhere in the grass marshes along the empty road they walked on, more rock and rolled, and then would end up by the beginning rocks of the small town that connected the village to civilization. where castiel lived, died, and flew back to reality, so long ago.

the two sat there, waiting in a rainy silence as someone sat right on them, but they didn't move until the two boys they followed payed the bill and stood up, tyler putting josh into his wheelchair, wheeling him down the rock ramp of the small diner and rounded their way to the back road of the diner, behind. where no one dared touch the untreated pavement. 

the two followed the walking boys, who wandered in silence, pretending to have a plan and to know what they were really doing, but they knew what they wanted the end to be, and what the ending would probably be. they just never spoke about it, breathing in the last bits of air they could share together.

"want to know what's really sad?" castiel asked, "sadder than this?"

"what?" seth asked, not wanting to know how deep into the sea castiel was going to swim into.

"how we're wasting time. how we're wasting time thinking what's good and bad, and trying to live by it. in the end we wasted all the time we could've used to actually learn what was actually right and wrong instead of what we thought was right and wrong. what we assumed. people are so, ignorant and selfish. but they can't help it, it's just human nature." she explained deeply, probably a product of a mistake she made when she was alive. that's what seth always had concluded about her deep times, realizing that he was probably more than right in this situation.