IOFB: Chapter: 0.3

a/n: the pilots didn't come back and the clique is a mess and toxic. so if i'm doing anything wrong, please advise me and call me out on it.

third persøn pøv (all the way thrøugh):

"tyler-" "p-please. d-don't be mad. i-i'll leave." tyler interrupted, but didn't move. knowing abby had to confirm first. that was the red way with her. his mud, mahogany tinted eyes were full of red, yellow, blue, a cold short breath, as he tried to slow it down so he wouldn't worry josh in his sleep.

"tyler, it's okay. i'm not mad." abby said, she ran a hand through her orange hair up to her bun, and kept it there. a small pink smile crept onto her face. tyler yawned, holding onto josh tighter.

"y-you're not? but josh said-" "i know. i'm okay with it now. you two are in love with each other and it's clearer than the sky will be tomorrow. don't break him, okay? he won't be here for long. he's dying tyler. he's dying." she explained. tyler froze, his grip on josh was lost. his eyes were digging into hers, looking for a lie. there was none. none at all.

navy rushed over him. the vomit in his throat thickened, the hurricane in his chest swelled. the cold snowy undertone froze him. his tears were icicles, not able to rain from the rooftops. it was so cold. he looked down to the breathing boy in his arms, his mocha hazel eyes behind lids of pure snow in his definition. his hair a bright purple, and his nose plugged with oxygen so he'd see him the next day. 

"tyler?" abby asked, holding back her own tears from the situation. it was the first time she really saw tyler emote at all. it was pink, green, purple to her. but brown, red, yellow to josh.

"h-how long?" he asked. she sighed, taking out her bun and running a full hand through her hair.

"i don't know. the doctors don't either. they said, if he's lucky, four months." she explained. tyler gulped, holding back tears. she hushed him in shades of soft blue to calm him down.

"w-why can't we take him to the city? now?" he asked, so innocently his crimson turned to snowy white with pastel blue atop of it. a soft a in a lullaby to put a baby to sleep. the pain of crimson crept through, it was just the weakest state he'd ever been.

"he'd never want to die in the city." she said quietly. tyler's eyes shifted from a shade of mahogany to a whole color of maroon.

"and, he wouldn't die if we took him abby. he can get that chemotherapy thing they talk about on the news. he can fight it and win. not loose with just that flimsy thing." tyler protested, josh was awake, but pretended to sleep.

"let him decide. it's his body, his rules. no means no with him. you know that better than i do." she said, tyler sighed. running his free hand through his messy hair.

"yes, but if you go slowly with him, he can ease into it very easily. you don't know him as well as you think." tyler said, abby scoffed. hands were on her hips now, hair back in a bun.

"i guess not, what did you two do? go to the beach?" she asked, pink and aqua. manically. 

"yes." josh whispered. abby and tyler's heads shot down to the one in tyler's chest. josh visually held onto tyler harder, signaling that he was green, pink. correct. tyler hid his smile, knowing exactly what it meant. ashley became more red as the silence grew.

"what josh?" she asked.

"we went t-to the beach. the swings behind a house. we went to the front and we saw the beach. i got scared, but then tyler helped me. i wasn't scared." he said, in tyler's defense. abby's eyes were the size of baseballs as they looked to tyler. he was smirking now, playing with the curls of purple atop josh's head.