IOFB: Chapter: 0.4

a/n: you know that drown is the original isle of flightless birds? they just connect as if they were puzzle pieces...

third persøn (all the way through):

the kiss lasted a long time, tyler opened his eyes and let go, making josh frown. he looked into his eyes, tearing up just a little. josh pressed his lips, but this time tyler went into peck them, josh was pinker than he was, but the two had no idea this was working in their favor.

"y-you liked me?" they asked at the same time, making each other blush pink.

"yes. i did. i was scared of her. she knows." tyler said, josh shrugged, pecking tyler's nose.

"she doesn't matter anymore." he said, tyler chuckled at josh's new-founded sass. it's as if he forgot about the drowning. that he didn't have to be forced to do anything anymore. to be trapped under her wing. her flightless wing.

"that's more than true. you're free josh." tyler said, josh smiled at that thought. like an astronaught in space, left to explore while being connected the ship. not having swim in water, but air with no gravity. safe. safe space. alone with the constellations.

"i want to fly tyler." josh said, tyler looked at him with surprise. his muddy, mahogany eyes grew to the size of basketballs. making him extremely intrigued.

"how so?" tyler asked. josh shrugged, then went back into the crook of tyler's neck, where tyler wrapped an arm around him. 

"with no hope, and no fear. just thinkless. empty. flying, but with a purpose at the same time. like the stars. they're there. it feel right because they have to be there. i think i have to fly tyler." josh said, he wasn't looking at tyler now. he was looking at the ceiling, where the sky would be.

"i think i get it. you need to sleep, josh. goodnight." tyler said, holding onto the frail boy closer, josh nodded, knowing that tyler would try and understand in the morning. josh rested his head on the soft pillow, looking up, while still being extremely close to tyler.

"tyler, i-i-i love you-u." josh said. tyler smiled at the wall, and tossed around to face josh now.

"i love you too josh. sleep well. wake me up if you need a tank trade-out, okay." tyler whispered. josh nodded, his eyes closed, trying to fall asleep to the patterns of wind hitting the walls of the house.

--

"he's ready to fly. he doesn't have much time seth." castiel said, sitting on the roof of the rotting house. seth sighed, watching his wings grow two shades darker.

"i hate it." he said, castiel sighed, and wrapped an arm around him, looking up at the moon and the stars around it.

"it's inevitable." she said. he nodded, leaning his head on her red shoulder, making her blush roses just a little bit.

"what's going to happen to tyler when that happens? wouldn't he never function right again?" he asked. castiel shrugged, knowing that would be her job. but not knowing what would exactly happen when her assigned partner's wings went away.

"i couldn't tell you. he's been seeing us, but denying it you know, something odd can happen." she said, seth's perfect blue eyes grew, he took his head off her shoulder, intrigued and looked at her.

"he can see us? are you sure?" he asked. she nodded.

"yes. he just hasn't comprehended it yet." castiel said, seth looked at her, a little scared, a little intimidated, and the most tiniest shade of yellow. childlike in that sense.

"w-what if we can talk to him?" he asked. castiel shrugged, looking on the moon's reflection onto the ocean.

"i don't know. all i remember was how we met really. you followed him around, he almost died but he was okay. i had to follow tyler because his sister died, remember? then we met at the hospital. and the big guy screamed at both of us, scaring every other ghost in that place, 'you two, paired. now.' with his huge voice. remember?" castiel explained, small smiles showed onto her face because of the memory.