IOFB: Chapter: 0.5

a/n: sorry i haven't been writing as much. i started watching sherlock. i'm also very depressed. so lack of motivation is in play here.

third persøn all the way thrøugh:

"tyler?" josh asked. his soft voice of melted marshmallows filled the air of the rotting white house, his eyes fluttered open. butterflies to tyler. the younger of the two went to the mattress on the grounds laying with josh.

"yes josh?" tyler asked, josh nuzzled his head into tyler's chest, tyler smiled pink as he lightly tugged the bow fading shades of purple atop josh's head. the curls more there since they weren't washed in days. tyler's eyes were tired. as they always were.

"c-can we start to go today?" he asked. tyler bit his lip, knowing that he couldn't say no to that. knowing that josh could die right now and they wouldn't even be trying to save him while he did.

"let us eat first, okay? i took some bread and things from my house when i left. it's okay." tyler said softly. josh nodded to the white tone, as it soothes him as much as tyler playing with his hair. he smiled, tyler smiled back, placing a kiss on his forehead.

tyler went to the other side of the room to his backpack, opening it up and taking out a baggy of bread. he took out two slices, one for him and one for josh. a cold draft flooded into the room from the hallway, josh shivered. he wrapped the blanket around himself as tyler came over with the bread.

"it's not much but it's something." tyler said, josh nodded, gently taking the bread and taking a small bite. tyler notices how long it took for josh to eat it, forgetting how weak he actually was. how the grey settled in and the wind was stronger than it ever really had been. josh looked at tyler, who didn't even realize he was getting lost in josh's mocha eyes.

"you okay tyler?" josh asked, tyler broke his trance and nodded, swallowing the lat part of his bread, josh nodded, nibbling on the middle put of the bread, slowly pulling out the mushy inside and eating it first. then slowly making his way to the crust.

"you know how adorable you are when you eat?" tyler asked. josh chuckled softly, smiling at the younger boy. knowing that he should be taking care of tyler and not the other way round, but it was the other way round, and no one could fix that. it's just how their plot had went out throughout their lives.

tyler sat on the mattress right next to josh, cupping his chin after he finished eating his slice and softly kissing his plump lips. josh smiled into the kiss, but wrapping his arms around tyler, going in more, and tyler didn't expect it but was all on board for it. chuckling when they let go, both of them catching the breath they lost to each other.

"let me get the wheelchair, and we can start okay? as long as you're ready." tyler said. josh nodded, getting his bag and stuffing the blanket inside.

"i want to go now, so i have at least some kind of chance of seeing the backyard of this house again." josh said, tyler nodded, leaving him in the bedroom and wandering the crooked, creeping hallways and rooms of the rather large white house. he walked into the master bedroom, across from the room josh was in, who was pacing, regaining some sort of strength for himself.

"josh, come down the stairs if you can, then we can start on the grass." tyler stated, leaning in the doorway of the bedroom. josh's face flushed purple, and his eyes grew, not expecting tyler to be back so fast. he slung his backpack over his shoulder, knowing that he'd need a refill on oxygen as soon as possible.

"can you replace the tank for me, tyler?' he asked. tyler nodded, immediately going to his friend, holding his hand as josh helped him replace the now empty tank. they had six left, but knew they needed to somehow ration them, even though they never would be able to, since time is a thing.