IOFB: Chapter: 0.9

a/n: hi, although this story is fairly small, i still love it. so i hope you do too. it's almost over (three chapters to go humanoids)

-

three weeks later.

-

here lies joshua william dun

06/18/88 - 03/21/Ø

"far above the moon"

tyler lay red roses on the dirt in front of him, looking down at the fresh dirt that was put there a week ago. salty tears filling his already puffy eyes from crying constantly. he never went home, he stayed at the white house. going out by the swing set every day, visiting josh, whose soul sat criss cross apple sauce atop his buried body, looking up at tyler every time he looked down and talked to the dead josh. the mocha eyes of the soul of josh always staring back, he also answered tyler. castiel and seth sat in the marshes behind the younger boy every morning after he ate breakfast. 

this day was different though, tyler looked behind him, started and fell back onto the dirt of josh's grave, josh catching him and standing him back up quickly, seth pretending to use "powers" to lift him back up, so tyler didn't know it was his alien boy.

"are you real?" tyler asked, castiel nodded genuinely.

"yeah, we've been here your whole life as a matter of fact actually. but we're dead and you only can see us because the only person you've ever matter to and gave purpose to died. so god pretty much was like 'yo, he can socialize with you now bye josh.'" castiel joked, seth laughed, as well as josh. tyler stood there with narrowed, mahogany tinted eyes. she sighed and got up.

"i'm castiel, i'm a devil and i've been watching over and taking care of you since i died. this is seth, he's an angel. he's been taking care of josh ever since he was born. we met when you met if you were wondering. seth doesn't have wings anymore because they went to josh when he died. mine will go to you when you die." she explained, tyler's eyes kept the same, he took it all in smoothly. not needing to be shocked anymore. reality wasn't reality for him. it wa chaotic, canonized imaginations and hallucinations that ended up real. all because of a silly thing called love.

"and i'm supposed to believe that?' he asked. seth looked to castiel.

"well i mean, seth didn't catch you back there, josh did. you can't see him." she said, tyler laughed at this. he laughed, and laughed...and laughed. his eyes were tearing up from the extensive emotions. josh was ecstatic that tyler was laughing, but sorrowful about what he was laughing about.

"yes, because there are angels and devils in the afterlife that i can see. with my dead boyfriend who i can't see. VERY plausible. nice job brain, you're really screwed up now, aren't you?" he asked himself. castiel rolled her eyes.

"we're an isle of flightless birds." seth muttered. castiel nodded, looking at tyler for approval.

"and all society cares about is reproduction and success for green and beige tinted paper. we get it. no one cares anymore, big whoop. not like i didn't know that already." tyler stated with full on maroon and silver sarcasm,. castiel smirked orange-yellow, understanding exactly what he was saying, laughing to herself about it.

"it's also not like you're head is so full and messy and you can't think right now that the only people who actually know you are dead and standing in front of you here to actually interact with you and you're understandably not giving in. smart boy; no wonder why josh loves you so much." castiel clapped back, tyler scoffed and smirked.

"you act like he's still alive. that he's right behind me." he said. seth chuckled behind castiel.

"well, he is." she said, seth laughed out loud, nodding like an idiot.