chapter 3 (Edited)

I apologize for not updating! One: I did not have motivation. Two: I had to deal with family drama. And now that everything is okay and out of the way, I'm ready to get back into action (sort of)!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Are you sure Mark is okay?" You assured the boy sitting on the couch. You already packed a suitcase full of clothes, undergarments, and necessities the night before. "I don't want to feel bad if he wasn't."

"For the last time, yes! Mark is fine with it," Ethan gave a smile in assurance. "You don't have to go, though. It's your choice." You shook your head, frowning.

"I'm not going to stay here, bored out of my mind, while you and the others are having fun!" You told him, guilt-written.

You didn't want Ethan to ask Mark for anything, and yet here you were...packed and ready to walk out the door.

"We should get going! Mark and the others are outside, patiently waiting." You nod, grabbing your luggage and walked side by side with Ethan.

After you were seated in the back with Ethan, you turn to look at Kathryn. She was the best friend of Amy and Ethan's editor. She's like a mother to you.

"Hey!" You greet her.

"Glad you could join us! We're going to have so much fun. Aren't we, Amy!" Amy nods from the passenger seat.

As long as you had Kathryn and Amy to keep company, you were going to have tons of fun on the journey.

"Can't wait!" You smiled, though you were still exhausted from getting up early to call your boss. She wasn't happy to hear about the last minute news, but she gave you the week off.

The drive was silent on the way to the airport, where you were searched in case of guns or anything deadly, before you board the plane.

When you took a seat, you plugged in your music. You didn't notice a figure take a seat beside you. It was Ethan. But you pretended you didn't see him. Though, it didn't last long.

"You are going to have so much fun!" He exclaims in a whisper so he doesn't get in trouble with the flight attendant.

You giggle.

"I bet!"

~ ~ ~

A few hours later, the plane safely landed

A few hours later, the plane safely landed. The captain let everyone know they were on land and it was safe to exit.

"Wow!" You gasped at the large beautiful buildings. "Where are we?"

"Arizona." Mark said as he stepped off the plane, with Tyler and the others following behind.

"Sweet!" You exclaim aloud, throwing your arms in the air as you stretched. You slept through the entire ride, your head resting on Ethan's shoulder. It was uncomfortable, but you got used to it.

You looked around a bit before going to the hotel, where you share a room with Amy and Kathryn. The boys shared another, to which gave you relief.

You change in the bathroom and got under the covers as the lights were turned out, leaving you to sleep in complete darkness.

Edited: September 3, 2020