chapter 5 (Edited)

"What did you guys do?"

"Did anything happen?"

Once you reach the hotel, you were roughly greeted by Amy and Kathryn. You came back and they are already bombarding you with questions.

Sighing, you took a seat and pinched the bridge of your nose. "Ethan only took us out for lunch and that was it. Chill out, okay!" You lightly snapped. They frowned in defeat and walked away.

You took a breath and laid your head back. You can't trust those women to keep a single damn secret, without wanting to blab out to people. You closed your eyes and listened to the sounds all around you, before you fell in a deep sleep.

>.< >.< >.< >.< >.<

You were walking home from a late-night party, swaying with every step of the way, tears streaming down your cheeks. You caught your boyfriend cheating on you with your best friend. It broke your heart in pieces, unable to be fixed, like a broken doll, forgotten.

You got off the phone with your mom, as you explained everything that happened and how it made you feel. Then you remembered she told you to watch out for him the moment they met. But you didn't want to listen. Now, you learned a valuable lesson you will never forget.

The second you get home, stripping off the party dress and slipped in your nightgown, you messaged Ethan. You needed comfort and Ethan was the person you could trust with secrets, and you invited him over.

Once Ethan stepped inside, you pulled him to your room and closed the door behind. You then turned to face him, and your eyes began to water. He was quick to step forward and wrap his arms around you, pulling you close as you cried.

"He doesn't deserve someone like you." He whispered, rubbing your back in comfort. He then whispered something incoherent that didn't quite reach your ears, but you didn't care to ask.

>.< >.< >.< >.< >.<

Thinking back on the memories, you shivered. You thought he was the right one for you, only for it to get blown away, like it never existed. You wished you had someone that knew how to treat you better. Like that person could be right in front of you, waiting for the right moment.

"(Y/N)? Earth to (Y/N)!" a voice snapped you from thoughts, waving their hands in your face.

You blinked. "Huh, yeah..." you mumbled.

"Like I was saying," said Amy. "Do you want to watch the boys rehearse, or do you want to walk with us to Starbucks?"

You shake your head. It's either watch the boys mess up, or listen to Amy and Kathryn gossip? You chose the latter. "I'll watch the boys." You told her, slipping on your shoes. Amy grinned.

"Have fun!" Then she left.

You let out a sigh you didn't know you were holding.

You walked to the kitchen, grabbed an apple from the bowl and took a bite. Then you pulled out your phone and messaged Ethan, letting him know you were going to watch them rehearse.

You quickly finish the apple, before you walked out the door.

(Here is yet another small chapter! The chapters should soon get a bit longer but we'll see how well I can do it!)

Edited: September 3, 2020