Getting Settled

Cammy's pov:

First thing this morning I was jolted awake by what felt like a hit to my side, close to where I have a broken rib. I looked around and saw that Nate was asleep behind me and Jaxon was awake and in the bathroom. I hear the shower start up. So I got out of bed and went to join my man in the shower. After all, we need to conserve water.

When he proposed to me, I cried like a baby. He's soo sweet! I want nothing more than to be his wife, live in this beautiful home, have his children, I have never dreamed of being so happy. The only thing dimming my mood was the thought that kept nagging me about how I woke up. Was it a bad dream? It had to be! Why would anyone here hit me?

When Nate came down, his demeanor reminded me of Jimmy. I can see and feel the animosity pouring off of him. I snuggle deeper into Jaxon.

As I go upstairs to unpack, I see them go outside to one of the barns. Soon I saw Karen and Keith come, so I went downstairs to let them know the situation on the water heater. Jaxon walks back in alone. Is it sad that I'm relieved that Nate isn't here with us?

Jaxon takes me upstairs to talk. He explained his and Nate's relationship. He explained how Nate wanted me gone out of jealousy. I went to kiss him and my side hurt. Jaxon saw a bruise and we deduced that it was probably a hit from Nate. "Well he's gone so we don't have to worry about him anymore. Lets go eat, I'm starving." We go down stairs just in time to help put the food on the table.

After we ate and Jaxon had went out to the barn to let the horses out to graze and to feed the horses and cows. I was sitting on the back porch, enjoying the nice cool weather. I love this weather! In Texas it was still in the nineties. Here it was in the low seventies.

Jaxon came to the house as a red pickup pulled up and parked. He bent down and kissed me softly. "You ok sweets?"

"Yes. Just enjoying this amazing, wonderful weather! You don't see this in Texas unless its winter!"

Jaxon laughed and raised up to greet his visitor. "Aaron! I really appreciate this man! Come meet my fiancee, Cammy. Aaron Wiley, this is Cammy Ryan. Cams, this is our savior, aka hot water heater installer, Aaron Wiley. Aaron and I were in the army together. When he told me about this part of Montana, I had to come and settle here."

We shook hands. "Very nice to meet you."

"Like wise Ms. Cammy!"

"So you're here to save this man from cold showers?"

"Well honestly, you're more equipped to do that than I am."

We all laughed. I held my side as it hurt, damn broken ribs! "Then I will let you get busy with the heater. The ball is in your court since he has cut me off."

"Only until you heal sweets!"

"Heal from what?"

"An attack from her ex boyfriend. He put her in the hospital for a week. She still has some broken bones. And last night has taken its toll on her."

"You worry too much."

"Oh yeah? Bend over without wincing. Eat a steak."

"Just go get some hot water. I'm fine."

"I love you too sweets!"

"Love you too, but I won't forget this conversation. There's other things that I can't do with my mouth or ribs. And you'll be doing without as long as I am."

"She's got you there Jaxon! I like her!"

The guys went to put in the water heater. I decided to go take a nap since I was still a little wore out and sore.
********
Jaxon's pov: