32 | Serpent Jackets

Next day—Jughead walked into school in his Serpent jacket. I curse under my breath and follow Jughead.

"Jug! What the hell are you doing?" I hiss. "You're about to see" Jughead says and I follow him, I look around and see almost everyone in the hallway whisper and point at Jughead and I. Well fuck?

We go into a room and I see Fangs, Sweet Pea and Toni in normal clothing without snakes on it, Fangs and Sweet Pea's jaws fall as they see Jughead's Serpent jacket.

"Oh, Hey, guys. What's up?" Jughead says and I move to stand next to Toni. "He's nuts" I whisper and she nods.

"Take it off" Reggie suddenly speaks up. Oh the Bulldog is here. How lovely.

Fangs, SP and Toni looks after Jughead to see if he actually removes the jacket, but he ignores Reggie, so he stands up and walks towards Jughead.

"Take off that jacket, rat boy" Reggie repeats, Fangs and SP stands up and Toni hooks her arm with mine and we trail behind the two Serpent boys.

Jughead sighs and turns around from the vending machine. "Oh, Reggie, I don't think you know what this jacket means" Jughead says and I deadpan. Yeah—it's a beautiful jacket—we get that, don't get suspended!

"Because you have no sense of honour, or history or loyalty" Jughead continues.

"That's it!" Reggie says and grabs Jughead, Fangs and SP takes off to help Jughead and I flinch at the fast movements.

"Jesus Christ! Any chance that the Serpents have a turn off button I don't know about?" I ask Toni as we watch without knowing what to do.

Soon enough Weatherbee comes in and yells at us all, then we're dragged to the principals office. Even Toni and I.

"You all have detention for fighting" Weatherbee says and I frown. "I didn't even fight" I whine and cross my arms. Toni tries not to smile at my comment, but she fails.

"I guess I'm suspended" Jughead suddenly says and he walks out. Veronica and I share a look.

"Shame on you, Reginald" I taunt as I pass Reggie. "Hey! Don't call me that!" Reggie hisses and stands up while grabbing my wrist.

"And don't touch my girlfriend like that. Dog!" Fangs scowls and grabs his arm that holds my wrist and squeeze it. Reggie looks back and forth and sees SP and Toni back us up and he lets go and leaves the office.

I rub my sore wrist and Veronica shakes her head at all of us, while Fangs grabs my red wrist and eyes it, before intervening our fingers.

"Thank you" I mumble, Fangs nods and SP pats my shoulder and then we leave the office.

In Bio class I write down notes as the teacher keeps talking, then the PA speakers makes a sound before Weatherbee speaks up.

"Maia Anderson, please report to the principals office" Weatherbee says, Fangs and SP looks at me and I realise it's me.

The teacher nodded at me and I raised an eyebrow and grabbed my stuff and my bag hesitantly, before giving Fangs a shrug and mouth a 'what the fuck?' And Sweet Pea looks at Fangs confused.

I head to principals office and I walk in and take a seat in the waiting room.

"Miss Anderson, please come in" Weatherbee says as he opens his office door, I stand up and walk in only to see my mom sitting in a chair in front of Weatherbee's desk.

"Mom?" I say confused. "I will give you two a moment" Weatherbee says and excuses himself.

"Mom? Is it over? Can I come home?" I ask and sit down next to her.

"Not quiet yet—sweetheart, but did you talk to Jughead? Because FP contacted me, and I haven't heard from him in a long time" My mom says and stands up.

"I did. I asked Jughead for advise—he said he wanted to talk to FP and Talk Boy, he said they could help" I say and stand up too.

"That was not your call to make, young lady—if I want help, I'll get it—""—No! Because you're not thinking straight, mom! You 'throw' me out of the house to make me feel safe? Do you realise how much shit you're in too? He might be after me, but he will go after you too, mom" I interrupt. My mom's eyes widen a bit and then she looks down with a sigh.

"You call FP, you get secured and then we can discuss our next move on Clay! Okay?" I say demandingly.

"Okay—Fine, I'll reach out for help. I will call you after" she says and I nod. Then I'm brought into a hug and my mom sighs in my neck.

"Why did you tell Weatherbee?" I ask her. "I told him we had a family emergency—a cousin from another state—in case he asks" my mom says and I chuckle and nod.

"I'll see you soon, okay honey?" Mom says and I nod and smile. "Thank you" I say and my mom nods, before reaching for the door.

We walk out together and I see Sweet Pea, Fangs and Toni stand by the lockers, as I come out with my mom. I send Fangs a small smile, before following my mom out.

I slam her car door and wave as she drives away, then the three comes up behind me. "Who was that?" Toni asks. "My mom" I say and Fangs looks down at me.

"Is Everything okay?" Fangs asks. "Yeah—Everything's Fine" I say and smile at the three. Sweet Pea raises an eyebrow at me, but I ignore it and Fangs put his arm around my shoulder and kiss the top of my head.

"You're gross" Sweet Pea says and fake vomits while Toni slaps his shoulder and starts scolding him. Fangs and I laugh at the two and walk back inside with them.

A/N: Guess who's gonna wear the school uniform thing in the next chapter? FANGS! And Sweet Pea in a turtle neck! That's gonna be funny!