38 | A Friend From The Past

A/N: Thank you so much for 33K!

My phone starts ringing repeatedly and I groan and answer without looking at the ID. I give Toni an apologising look.

"Hello?"

"Maia! It's me! It's been a while" My old friend Gabriel said in a chirpy voice. He's form Greendale, he was my best friend.

"Gabe? Wow, yeah it sure has?" I say surprised and sit up properly and Toni looks at me eyebrow raised from the couch in front of me.

"I was actually thinking of stopping by, later on?" Gabriel says and I start smirking.

"I think you should. I really miss having you around" I say with a wicked smirk and Toni gives me a worried look and I stand up from the chair in the lounge.

"Maybe I could stay over for a few days?" Gabriel says and I look back at Toni who's trying to listen.

"I don't know—I've got a boyfriend now and all—""—I didn't mean it like that, dude. It's just I'm having a little trouble with my father and it would be good if I stayed away for a few days" Gabriel interrupts.

"Well, then you can stay for a few days" I say and smile.

"Great, I'll see you later then" he says and I nod before biting my lip in excitement.

"Okay, bye" I say and hang up. "Who was that?" Toni asks hurriedly.

"An old friend of mine. Why?" I ask and raise an eyebrow at her. "It sounded like something else.." Toni says drifting off to see my reaction.

"Nope. Never in a million years—Gabriel is not my type and I'm not his—I'm not blonde and wearing slutty clothes" I say and chuckle.

"Who's this Gabriel then?" Toni asks and cross her arms interested. Then I spot Sweet Pea and Fangs comes in punching each other's shoulders, laughing. Why isn't he like that when he's around me anymore?

"I need to go, maybe later I'll tell you our story" I say and wink at her before leaving quickly.

Later on when I got out of school, Kevin walked with me out to my car only to see a curly haired looking boy and I grin.

"I'd be damned—Gabriel?" I say and cheer before running up to him and hug him. He opens his arms and hugs me tightly before laughing.

"God! I missed you" Gabriel says and I laugh at him before pulling away. "Oh uhm—Gabriel this is my friend Kevin" I introduce and Kevin smiles widely. Like what you see, Keller?

"Nice to meet you" Kevin says and I smirk at him. "Nice to meet you too" Gabriel says. I smile widely and Gabriel and then at Kevin.

"God, I can't believe you're actually here!" I say in complete astonishment.

"Maia!" Voice shout from behind us and I look back seeing a red faced Fangs, an angry looking Sweet Pea with crossed arms and a Toni who looks back and forth between the two groups.

"Excuse me for a second" I say and Gabriel nods and Kevin stays with him and I walk up to Fangs and the other two with a smile.

"What's up?" I ask. "Who's that and what are you doing with him?" Fangs asks and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"He's a friend from Greendale?" I say questioningly. "So why is he here in Riverdale?" Sweet Pea butts in.

"As I said—he's my friend" I repeat. "Wait—is there a problem here?" I ask and look at Fangs waiting for him to say something.

"I don't know—is there?" Fangs retorts and I scoff. "Oh okay—we're playing that game" I say and cross my arms.

"I'm so not doing this—definitely not after last night" I fire at Fangs and scoff once again before turning my back on him.