"Who is he?" Part 7

I saw Dave turn around out of the corner of my eye, but then he came into my full view as he strode in front of me to Scott, who had now closed the door behind him.

"Shit," I heard Andy say under his breath. I turned my head towards him, one of his hands was clutching a handful of his messy, dirty blonde hair and I didn't like the look he had on his face. When I turned back around, Dave had squared up to Scott and was holding his collar with both fists.

"Get the hell out of my house," Dave growled through gritted teeth.

"Hmm, the thing is though, David, it's not just your house, is it? Andy wants me here, so you'll just have to try and deal with it," Scott smiled a menacing smile and as much as Dave tried to resist, Scott managed to remove Dave's arms from his shirt. It seemed what Scott lacked in height, he made up for in strength. And this seemed to anger Dave more than a little; he executed a punch to Scott's face quicker than Scott could anticipate.

"For Christ's sake!" Andy yelled, running over to Dave and pushing him away from Scott who was bent down holding his face with one hand and steadying himself with the aid of the wall, with his other hand. I then realised I was running towards him.

"Scott, are you okay?" he raised his head to look at me and it was easy to see that there was a black eye already forming. "I'll go get some ice for that," I said, trying to take control of the situation. After I'd rushed out the lounge it suddenly hit me that I had no idea where the kitchen was, let alone the freezer. The second door I came across led me into the room I was looking for. I fumbled for a light switch and was quite overwhelmed with how big the kitchen was - mine was just squashed into the corner as more of a necessity than a luxury, which was what this was. However, I didn't have time to admire all the perfectly placed décor and gadgets, so I headed over to one of the more common things to have in a kitchen.

I made my way into what was now a much quieter lounge. Andy and Dave were no longer in there, and Scott was sat on one of the sofas. I handed him the ice pack that I had found and he said thank you and placed it on the bruised area around his eye. I sat there looking at him intently, still in awe of how handsome he was. His good looks had made me feel uncomfortable before, they had made him seem even more un-nerving; but now I could just look at him and appreciate them.

"What's the damage?" he asked, gesturing towards his eye, putting an end to my thoughts.

"It's not too bad," I answered, putting an emphasis on the 'too'.

"Honestly?" he raised his eyebrows at me, knowing I was holding back the truth to comfort him.

"It'll be worse in the morning."

"Great," he muttered. He put the ice onto the sofa, so I picked it up and moved closer to him. "Yeah, you'd better move the ice off Dave's precious sofa. I wouldn't want to upset him; I don't think he needs many more reasons to kill me." The first part of his statement sounded very much based on sarcasm, but the ending didn't - which wasn't good.

"I'm guessing you two have history?" Scott nodded a very short, sharp nod and I continued, "I'm also guessing that I'm not going to get told about it?" He nodded again. "What a surprise," I sighed.

"What are you doing here anyway? Please don't say it has anything to do with Dave," he looked at me desperately.

"He offered me a lift; we were both at the cemetery. But he refused to take me home and brought me here instead," I couldn't be bothered to explain the whole Lucas situation at the moment.

"Typical Dave. I'm sorry about your brother by the way. Do you still find it as hard eight months on? Lucas was telling Kelly, Kelly told me. Just in case you were wondering about how I knew. Like I said, I knew your brother but Lucas was telling me about how it had affected you and stuff." At last I was given a rational answer as to how someone knew something about me - and this time I hadn't even had to ask, he told me straight out.