Part 14

I woke up and stretched, wondering what was going to happen today - I knew it wouldn't go by without something major happening; it seemed to be that way at the moment. I decided I was going to call in sick to work, it would probably be unbelievable but I didn't really care, I had more important things to be worrying about. Andy wasn't in bed so I decided to pull a pair of jeans on and a t-shirt before heading out of the room in search for either of the men. I'm sure Dave still owed me and apology but I wasn't going to ask for it. 

I followed the smell of toast until I ended up in the kitchen where Andy was preparing breakfast.

"Good morning," he said, though his back was still turned away from me.

"Hello, you look nice, are you off somewhere?" I commented. Truth be told, he didn't look smart compared the Dave's standards but it was smart considering what Andy had worn since I'd met him. He was dressed in navy jeans with a black blazer, the only thing that degraded the smartness were his Nike's.

"You mean smarter than usual don't you?" he turned around, grinning at me. The guilty smile that I tried to hold back made him laugh and I was shocked that he could tell so much from a little commented. "Yeah, I've got work tonight, should be a good gig."

"You call that work? Sounds like fun to me. It's been ages since I've had time, or money to go to a gig."

"I guess I'm lucky," he smiled, handing me a plate of toast and a cup of tea.

"Thank you, I really appreciate all you're doing." He sent me a smile and picked his own plate up, leading me into the lounge and sitting at the table. We spoke for a while between mouthfuls, though we didn't address what we'd talked about last night or the fact that we'd fallen asleep holding on to each other. I appreciated it; he wasn't trying to involve himself too much, like he cared more about my feelings than his. I quizzed him on who he was taking photographs of tonight and he explained that it was just a small band, about to breakthrough and he was the photographer whose images would accompany the magazine feature tomorrow.

I was intrigued as to how Dave and Andy had become such good friends, they didn't seem to be similar people but the bond between them seemed strong.

I couldn't help myself from asking, "How did you and Dave become friends then?"

Andy chuckled before he answered, "Childhood friends, we lost contact for a bit during our teens but when we got back together I realised I couldn't let Dave live by himself, I don't think he'd survive." I smirked as he said this.

My phone beeped, so I retrieved it from my pocket, feeling my face drop when Lucas' name flashed on the screen.

"It's Lucas, isn't it?" Andy asked sympathetically, obviously reading my expression. I nodded as I clicked to open the text message. I read it not knowing how to feel, I dropped it onto the table - there was no point trying to reply. Andy picked it up and looked questioningly at me as if to check that it was ok for him to read it. A short nod from me invited him to and his face dropped as well.

"What do I reply to that?" I asked, all emotion gone from my voice.

"You don't. You need cheering up," he strummed his fingertips on the table a few times, thinking about how to go about this difficult task, "I know! Come with me today, it'll be good fun, you said you haven't been to a gig for ages," he sounded really excited but I didn't want to ruin his day for him.

"No, I'll get in the way. Besides, you don't want me moping around all day."

"I wouldn't have asked you if I didn't want you to come. Anyway, you won't be moping around all day; it'll take your mind off everything. Come on, I hear they're a great live band."