Chapter 20- Saving Him

JACES POV

I was sitting next to Nikki's bed in the hospital. Aspyn really did a number on her. Don't get me wrong I hate seeing Nikki hurt but she did challenge Aspyn, the strongest wolf in the world to a battle. In a way I sort of needed her to learn a lesson.

I was going to beg Aspyn to heal her but Dad went and called the pack shooter to shoot Aspyn.

"I'll be right back," I say to Nikki as I kiss her head. She turns to look at me. "Yes I'm going to see Aspyn and her mate Grayson, to see how they're doing."

Nikki rolled her eyes at me. "Don't be long."

I walk out of Nikki's room to go into Aspyn and Grayson's room. They were put together by my mother's orders.

Aspyns was doing fine, had a normal heart beat and was breathing without a machine.

As for Grayson, he wasn't doing so well.

He couldn't breath on his own. He had a breathing machine. His heart was beating on its own at least.

Turns out that he was poisoned by the rogue that came into the territory. Nikki caught the rogue in the kitchen pretending to be a chef. After questioning him she realized he didn't belong in the pack.

He poisoned Grayson's food at the ceremony party. The poison mixed with Grayson's medical condition had already started weakening him, it was suppose to kill him slowly and painfully. The serum in the dart just made everything happen faster.

I look at Grayson. His once dark tan skin tone now looks so white and dull,  his hair which had so much volume to it is now flat and lifeless, and as of his lips, they were purple and dry. He looks like he can die any second.

Hopefully in any second Aspyn could wake up and try to heal him again.

It sort of worked before but not completely because she wasn't strong enough on her own, and the poison some how prevented her from healing him that way.

I got closer to Aspyn and touched her  head, she breathes in deeply.

"It's Jace. I'm going to need you to wake up. Grayson, he's not doing so well, he really needs you right now." I notice her hand twitch. I take that moment to push her bed closer to Grayson's. I take her hand and Grayson's cold hands and intertwine them. "He's in your hands now. Take care of him." I push some of her hair out of her face and walk out of the room.

We have only been here for an hour and I can already feel that Aspyn will be waking up soon. They pumped the poison out of Grayson's system. They even took some blood from him to see if they can figure out what's wrong with him.

My father mentioned to the doctors that Grayson doesn't shift because his wolf is losing fur.

I'm not a doctor so I don't know if that information was useful to them or not.

I walked into Nikki's room and her eyes opened when she heard me come in.

"You're back." She says with a smile coming on her face.

I keep my serious face. "Why did you challenge her?"

Her smile drops as she looks at me with a 'are you serious' look.

"She was all over you. Crying into your chest and wrapping her arms around you. I wanted her to know that what is mine is mine and she needs to back off. I don't know what kind of relationship you guys had before but as your mate I will not let her disrespect me like that." Nikki finishes crossing her arm under her chest, making her breast look bigger.