Chapter 1- No Sparks

I'm running.  Really fast.  As fast as my little feet can take me.  Looking around I see a tall, big tree.  A tree that was good enough to hide someone as small as me.  I get behind it as quickly as I can before time runs out and someone sees me.

"Ready or not here I come."  I hear someone say.  I'm breathing heavily from all that running around.  Trying to slow down my breathing to keep quiet, I hope they don't find me.  "I'll find you Aspyn.  You can't hide from me."

I hear the foot steps getting louder and louder indicating that the person is getting closer and closer.  I close my eyes.  If I can't see him he can't see me.

"BOO!  I found you!" I hear him giggle while he's shaking me. I open my eyes to see-.

"Aspyn wake up, we're finally here."  I hear a familiar voice say.  "Come on Aspyn."  I feel his hands on me.  Shaking me.  Trying to wake me up, even though I don't want to wake up I know I must.

"Aspyn, please." His voice is softer and a sound of worry and concern drips from his voice.

How long has he been trying to wake me up?

I open my eye's to see Johnston.  "I'm up."  I state before yawning.  "Are we here?"

I hear him let out a sigh of relief as he looks up at me again. "Yes we are.  You had me worried, I have been trying to wake you up for a few minutes, but Im glad you're awake now." 

Smiling at his caring moment I hop out of the car to get my luggage while Johnston helps me.

"You sure have a lot of stuff."  He picks up this small bag and I see the surprise look on his face when he feels how heavy it is.  "Oh my goddess what is in this bags, rocks?" He says as he places the bag down.

I giggle before nodding my head.

"Why would you have a bag full of rocks with you?"  He looks at me as if I'm crazy.

I collect rocks.  I always had since I was a kid.  It was something my dad did with me. I don't who started it first but once we began collecting we didn't stop.  Those rocks in the bag are the rocks I collected when I was a rouge, some from the pack I just left, and only 1 that my father gave me last time I was with him.

I won't tell him that though. "I'm addicted to collecting rocks okay."

He chuckles,"I guess I better keep your eyes on me instead of the ground.  Wouldn't want you to pick up a dozen while we are walking to the house,would we?"  I couldn't help but giggle at his comment.

We begin to walk into the house so Johnston can show me the room Im staying in.

"Since you're new you have to meet the Alpha and Luna.  Get to know them and be on there good side."  I nod showing I understand.  "Since you're a female they might have you as the guardian of the royal princess.  She is 7 and so adorable."  I giggle at the way he talks about her.

When we make it to the room Johnston offers to help and of course I refused but he wouldn't leave.  He helped me bring all my stuff into the room and place some stuff in the closet and draws.

"Thank you."  I say after we finish,"You didn't have to."I finish saying, showing my appreciation.

"No problem.  Since I am your leader I have to escort you to the Luna and Alpha.  They have requested to see you now."  I nod my head and begin to follow him out the door.

The more we walk the more curious I get.  I have to know more about the Snobbish- I mean the Royal family.  I'll be living here for a long time as their guard so I might as well learn some stuff about them.