Chapter 57- Past Seeker

ASPYN POV

I open my eyes. Sadly they didn't wake up to the warm morning sun. It was dark outside and the moon was full and bright. The stars even shined bright too. I hear a howl and turn to look at the empty space next to me. The howl didn't belong to Grayson but other pack members. They were howling at the death of the Royal Alpha and Luna before. Graysons parents. It has been going on for days.

I slip my feet into my slippers and walk down the familiar path of the castle halls. His scent very strong. I open the doors to his parents room and make my way to there closest. There he and Olivia laid. Sound asleep with their parents clothes close to their face. A sad smile comes to my face. I take the blankets off of the bed and put it on them. They have been doing this the past few days. I clean up the mess they made, they have a hard time finding their parents scent since they practically sniffed their entire scent out of their clothes.

I yawn getting tired. I close the closet door making sure no sound from outside can make it in and lay down next to Grayson on the floor, wrapping my arms tightly around his shoulders. I feel shuffling as Grayson turns himself awake and faces me.

"I can't believe they're really gone. I have to raise Olivia and take care of an entire pack all by myself-."

"We're doing that together. We will raise Olivia and we will do great with this pack." I kiss his lips. "Now go to sleep. How will you be able to lead a pack if you're not sleeping?"

"So many died for this battle. Johnston, my parents, your non biological parents, my sister, you, almost Luke, a lot of pack members, the list just goes on." His eyes tear up as he continues to think of those he lost.

My hand goes to the side of his face rubbing it with my thumb. "I know baby, I know." I kiss his lips and pull him close to me.

"I miss them all so much. I miss just being 15 and thinking about being 16 and finding my mate. I miss being 16 and just being sad about not having a mate, just starting my drinking problems. I miss being 17 and finding out my wolf was sick and possibly dying. Everyone calling it Cancer for the humans sake. 17 is what I would change. I would stick around if I could do it all over again. I would never go around hunting for you after hearing you howl. I would've stayed here with them. With all of them. Learn to become a better Royal Alpha, to become just like my dad. I wish our bond wasn't that strong, wish I didn't know just from hearing you howl that you were my mate. Wish I didn't feel the need to go out and find you. I should've just stayed and sent someone else out. I would just do it differently if I could."

I nod my head tears falling from my face. "I would do things differently too. But sadly we can't change the pass, we must learn to deal with the future. Go to sleep so you can be prepared for tomorrow. For our future."

He nods his head as he pulls his mother's shirt to his nose. His breathing slows down.

"Aspyn." He says quietly. "We need the vampires to get rid of everyones memories. No one can know that the vampires helped us in this war."

"Ok."

"That includes Us three. Also there's a woman named Claire. Let her see them she's their family but you have to take the blood samples away from her. Her memory must be wiped of them too." Soon enough he falls asleep. I watch as him and Olivia sleep. This was my family now. I would have to do what I must to keep them safe. Even if it meant erasing our memories.

*******
GRAYSONS POV

"I'm a bit offended you won't want to remember me Grayson." Oscar says as he scoffs.

"Honestly I want to kill you half the time. You'd be much safer if I didn't remember you." I felt a growl wanting to ever so badly escape from my chest but I try to hold it down.