Chapter 1

Gabrielle ran up to Allen from behind and put her hands over her eyes.
She giggled, "Guess who."
He took her hands off of his eyes.
He smiled, "Hmmmm." He opened his eyes as he turned around smiling.

Gabrielle nudged him in the arm.
"Allen! You weren't suppose to look before you guess. There's no point in the game if you do that." He pinched her cheeks and leaned in to kiss her. They both started kissing. She slapped him playfully.

She walked to the coffee stand.
She asked, "Can I get two coffees to go please? Both vanilla. Thank you."
Gabrielle turned and looked at Allen.
He asked, "What?"

She shrugged, "You're a complete dork and don't know the concept of the guessing game."
He crossed his arms and pouted at Gabrielle.
Allen mumbled, "Oh no. Are you upset now?"

She rolled her eyes and grabbed both the coffees. She walked out the door. He followed behind.
Allen shouted, "Hey Wait! You ordered two coffees. Give me it."

Gabrielle continued walking down the empty street.
She scoffed, "My little brother Nathan is at home sick from school."

Allen exhaled, "Crap. You're a good sister aren't you?"

"Besides the fact that I bully my 15 year old brother all the time, yeah I suppose you could call me a good sister."

Allen laughed, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? I don't remember us having plans to see each other tomorrow."

He said, "This is the part where I tell you that I just made plans for a movie date with you."

She rolled her eyes.
"I hate you Allen."

He shouted, "And I love you more!"

She scoffed and continued walking away.

When Gabrielle got home she sat the coffee down on the coffee table. She nudged Nathan awake. "Hey little bud. I have coffee for you, wake up." He rolled over and looked at the coffee cup. Gabrielle smiled sadly at him.
Nathan mumbled, "Did you call the school?"

Gabrielle nodded, "Of course. Mom won't do it. I promise things will get better."

Nathan asked, "Yeah? When?"

"Soon, I'm sorry dad walked out on us and we are forced to stay with momma but I'm not going anywhere."

"You're an adult now Gabrielle. Why can't you just leave and be happy?"

"Leave you? Never in my life." She held his hand and kissed it gently. Gabrielle felt his forehead. She inhaled, "Geez you're burning up. Where is mom?"

Nathan shrugged, "Still upstairs with the hangover she brought home and the man."
Gabrielle patted his back.
She apologized, "I'm sorry we have a piece of shit mother."

Nathan said, "I have you."

She smiled, "You have me."

An hour or two passed.
She ran quickly to her work. She put on her apron and ran to the restaurant kitchen.
"Sorry I am late! I had to drop my sick brother off at my boyfriends house."

Stella scoffed, "You're boyfriend? Y'all are still together?!"

Gabrielle laughed, "Yes we are! It's already been a year."

Stella explained, "Time flies when you really don't give a shit about something."
Gabrielle nudged Stella in the arm with anger on her face. Gabrielle looked away so she could try to hide the fact that offended her.