Chapter 8

Stella was walking in the woods by herself when she caught Luke standing looking peacefully off the bridge at the stream below.

Stella came up behind him and wrapped her arm around. He saw her hand on his shoulder so he put his hand on hers. Luke looked over then saw Stella sadly smiling at him.

Luke gulped, "I thought you were Gabrielle." He then immediately moved his hand away.
Stella exhaled, "How are you doing?"

"This isn't about me Stella. It's about Gabrielle and Nathan. I am not hurting at all. I'm hurting for them but not for me. I'd be selfish if I was thinking of myself right now."

"I'm your friend Luke so when I ask this, I mean it in the most nicest way...Why aren't you being selfish?"

"Excuse me? I'm not selfish Stella nor do I wanna be."

"Come on Luke, you gotta make yourself go first for once."

"This situation is about Gabrielle. Okay? Not me. Her father is a piece of crap and she needs me...so does Nathan. I'm a good guy, I'm not jerk to her."
Luke sighed and started walking off. She followed him.

"Luke she won't even be focusing on you during this time because she has to focus on her dad and brother."

Luke turned to face Stella. "Damn right she does Stella. Family comes first. I'm not gonna tell her that it doesn't."
He rolled his eyes and continued walking away from her.

"Gabrielle is drifting away. Don't you see that?"

"How can you be like that Stella? She is my girlfriend, alright? I love her."

"You might love her but what if she doesn't love you..."

"Go Stella." He continued walking and didn't turn back around. Stella didn't follow him.

He got back to the house awhile later and came in to see me cooking breakfast. I turned once I heard the front door open then shut.
I smiled once I locked my eyes on Luke coming down the hall. "Good morning Luke. I was just making some breakfast for us. Stella is not allowed." I laughed.

He came up to me. Luke asked, "Where's Nathan?" I pointed my finger to the ceiling above me. I replied, "Upstairs. He's still sleeping."

Luke stood face to face with me calmly and he looked into my eyes. I scoffed, "What?"
He tucked my hair gently behind my ear.
He said, "You are such a good sister to Nathan. He looks up to you, I hope you know that."

I smiled. Luke started leaned in to kiss me, I turned and he only kissed my cheek.
I said, "Breakfast is going to burn if I don't go back to the stove." I walked over to the stove.

He stared at me. I looked over. "What Luke?"

He shrugged, "Nothing. You're just beautiful."
I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

Nathan came downstairs. Luke was talking to me. "Gabrielle you raised him well."
I looked over and saw Nathan standing behind Luke. I gasped, "Good morning Nathan!"
I hugged him. He patted me on the back while Luke just watched sadly.

Luke walked off to go upstairs.
I pulled Nathan along into the kitchen.
"I made biscuits, eggs, bacon, and patty sausages because I know you hate the length sausages."

He exhaled, "Thank you. What is this all for?"

I replied, "Dad shouldn't have appeared randomly without an invitation back into our lives and I don't how hard it must've been for you to bare."

He asked, "What about you Gabrielle? He is your dad too."

I mumbled, "But you're my little brother. It doesn't matter how I am doing-"