Chapter 9

Luke and Stella were on the floor of the bedroom just laughing together.
I came in.

I gulped, "Um...Hi....."

Luke sat up. "Oh hey Gabrielle. What's up?"

I scoffed, "I'm heading out to pick up dinner and I just wanted to know what you want."

Stella sat up.
"Oh! Can I have-"
I interrupted.
"I wasn't asking you Stella."

Luke laughed, "Whatever you're getting will be fine Gabrielle." I watched him nudge Stella and they both started laughing as they laid back on the floor.

I said, "Okay...ummm..... bye?"
Luke didn't answer.
I exhaled, "Okay I'm leaving now."

Luke laughed, "Alright bye Gabrielle." I turned slowly and walked out.

As I stepped out into the hallway Nathan came out his own bedroom. He asked, "What's up?"
Then I locked eyes with him.
"I am leaving to go get dinner. Do you want to come?"

Nathan said, "Yeah..uh.. I would-"
But before he could finish I stormed down the stairs and out the house.

I got in the car and just as I started it he got into the passenger seat.
I gasped, "Jesus! You scared the living crap out of me. What do you want?"

He mumbled, "You asked me if I wanted to go."

"Yeah so?"

"So, I want to go."

I put the keys in the ignition.
Nathan asked, "Why are you so upset?"

"Nathan don't ask me that."

"What? Why? I'm just concerned."

I groaned, "Jesus! Just don't ask my that!!"

We drove away in the car together.

When we got back to the house me and Nathan sat the food on the island counter in the kitchen.

It was oddly silent in the house and it made me uncomfortable. I asked, "Are they still upstairs?"

Nathan asked, "They are upset together?"
I sat down the last bag and started speed walking to the stairs. He followed me.
Nathan asked, "They are in a room? Alone? Stella and your boyfriend?"

I ran upstairs and busted through my bedroom door. Stella was on the bed but Luke wasn't in there. Stella smiled, "Oh hi! Is food downstairs?"

I pointed my finger to the bedroom door.
"Get out Stella."
Stella stood up.
"What? Why? Have I upset you?"

"Don't pull that sweet crap. Leave my house Stella."

"I-I didn't do anything. I swear I didn't."

Luke came out of the bathroom.
I locked eyes with him. My eyes started filling up with tears. I looked at him then looked at Stella. Luke asked, "What's wrong?"
I covered my mouth as I was shaking with fear.

Nathan asked, "G? What happened? Are you okay?"

I exhaled, "Luke I need you to just go downstairs please and Stella I want you to go home."

Stella stuttered, "I-I swear I wasn't doing anything with Luke."

Luke gulped, "Stella you should go home if she said so." Stella scoffed under her breath and left.

Nathan said, "I'm going to go walk Stella out...." He turned and walked out the bedroom.
I crossed my arms but didn't say anything to Luke.

Luke asked, "Can you tell me what I did wrong?"