Chapter 11

I was sitting at the end of my bed trying to take myself into going downstairs but I just couldn't. I knew that Luke was hiding something from me and yet I don't know why he would. All we've been through and he still feels the need to hide things. Luke is a good guy; at least I thought he was. He has good intentions and I know that same guy is somewhere deep down inside of him. Sadly, it hasn't been shown for weeks.

When I met him things were just different and I was happy. For some reason, now just has changed. He doesn't kiss me anymore and he doesn't even stick around all day. I have a brother who needs care but he doesn't even help me with that. It's like he is busy to not even focus on his girlfriend.

I laughed.

I thought to myself, girlfriend? I don't even know what I am to him anymore. It's odd and I can't even take it anymore because I want to know. But honestly, I want to know what Luke is thinking. Maybe he won't even tell me the truth but I just really need the closure.

If he is cheating..... then I need to know because I'm in pain just asking myself if he is going to leave me.

Luke walked into the room and stopped once he saw me. He mumbled, "Can we talk?"

I exhaled, "I wanna talk to you but you won't tell me the truth. At least that's what I feel."
He slowly walked up to me but didn't get too close. I gulped down my tears.
I whispered, "You don't even get near me anymore. Have I disgusted you and pushed you away?"

Luke shook his head. "No Gabrielle, that's not at all it. It's me."

I scoffed, "It's not you; it's me. Come on Luke, don't give me that stupid break up sentence that everyone uses. Be real with me. I am strong."

Luke replied, "I know you're strong Gabrielle but all of this isn't because of something you did. I'm just wrong for doing so...."

I cried, "Then what is it? Why aren't we the same as we use to be? Tell me what happened and I'll try to make this work."

He sat down next to me on the bed.

Luke exhaled out a disappointing breath

He mumbled, "You can't help or change what I've done. I'm so messed up that I lied to you before and now I'm doing exactly what I said I wouldn't do. I told you I'd never hurt you but I'm doing just that."

I sighed, "What happened the night you were with Stella?"

"Gabrielle......"

I raised my voice. "What happened when you guys were alone?"

Luke answered, "She kissed me..."

I looked up at him sadly with tears in my eyes.
I nodded trying so hard to believe he didn't kiss her back.

I asked, "And you didn't kiss her back? Remember when you met Stella and you wanted to know if it was something you did and I asked you if you encouraged it and you said no? Did you encourage it this time?"