Chapter 12

I was sitting in with my car door open during the daylight with my phone pulled out. I was checking and sadly I expecting someone to text me. Nathan came up. "Luke isn't going to call, Gabrielle. He respects your choice. He isn't like Thomas."

I looked up. "I know...I was hoping I had some sort of long paragraph apology from him."

Nathan scoffed, "Luke already made an entire speech to you but you drove off anyways. Gabrielle you had the chance."

I exhaled, "Sometimes I'm just a real butthole Nathan and I can't help it. It runs in our crappy family."

Nathan asked, "Immaturity when it comes to seeing who is right for you? Oh, I'm sure it does run in the family." He rolled his eyes.

Nathan continued, "Just fucking break your own rules and stop going for the bad boys. Luke needs to hear your call."

I nodded my head sadly and watched Nathan walk back into the house. I put my phone up to my ear as I waited for the ringing to stop. But, it went straight to voicemail. So I left a message.

"Hi Luke, it's Gabrielle. I was only gone for a day in a half but I can't come to it that I'm doing the right thing. You probably didn't answer because you're smart and you know the mess you'd cause yourself if you went back to me. Perhaps you already moved on and if that's the case then I want you to know that I'm happy for you. I was wrong not to forgive you because whether my cheating was different than yours; it's still heart break to someone. So call me back when you get this. .......bye."

I hung up.

I went into the house where it was lonely and silent. Nathan was on the couch but was only minded his own business. My phone started buzzing as I looked around the room. It was Luke so I quickly picked it up.

I inhaled, "Hello."

Luke shook his head. "I hate to really upset you Gabrielle but I'm over at Stella's house. I couldn't help but see your long voicemail so I had to go outside and listen to it."

I asked, "When should you be back? I came back to the house and I was wondering if you could come and talk to me. I have a lot to say.."

He took a few seconds to say words....

He mumbled, "Uhh I'll be there in a hour."

"Okay. See you then." I hung up.

Nathan asked, "Why is he coming over?"

"Nathan we both miss him and maybe I can work our way to being just friends again."

An hour passed and he knocked on the door. I let him in. Luke waved, "Hey Nathan. How are you?" Nathan was sitting on the couch with his crutches aside.

Nathan waved back. "Hey man, I'm doing good."

Luke looked at me with no clue what to say next. I shut the front door and walked Luke to the kitchen with me. Luke asked, "Whats up?"

I whispered, "I'm sorry for not forgiving you right away because I just wasn't in the right mindset. I was very negative when I found out you cheated on me Luke..."

He exhaled, "Please don't bring that up. I hate myself so much for it. I'm really busy though. Stella is having me cook out with her tonight."

I smiled with tears in my eyes. "That's good. I'm glad you're doing great. Stella seems like she'd be good to you."
I looked at the ground and tried to hide my tears.

Luke asked, "Do you want to know something? If you do then please just ask me. It's me. Luke. You can ask me anything."

I can guarantee that Luke knew what I wanted to ask but I couldn't..