Chapter 7

Luke and I took a sad quiet walk into the deep part of the woods. He turned to me.
"If you feel like I am cheating then you are wrong 100% Gabrielle."

I took a deep breath. I spoke softly.
"I don't want to be told I am wrong Luke; I want to be shown that I am."

"I'm sorry."

"If you didn't do anything then you shouldn't have to be sorry."

"But I did do something...... I did a lot. I shouldn't have messaged Stella."

"You're right Luke, you shouldn't have."
I crossed my arms.

He said, "But I don't want this to ruin my relationship because I want to be with you. I love you Gabrielle. So forgive me."

I exhaled, "I think you should go."

"Go where?"

"I need time to think Luke. This isn't easy for me to see happen because I did the same thing. And no, that does NOT make this any better. It's cheating."

"Cheating? I'm not dating Stella. I only messed her for cry sake."

"If you think that's what I'm talking about Luke then you don't even care."

"Tell me what it is then."

"You should know. I shouldn't have to tell you how you messed up."

"Please G, just tell me."

"You flirt with her...you think I don't see that? Luke please just go."

"Where do you expect me to go??"

"Walk away at least." He stared at me as I forced myself not to look him in the eyes. He walked away. I grabbed ahold of my hair and started crying my eyes out.

An hour later I got back to the house. Nathan was sitting at the table. He exhaled, "He's mad."

"What would you know about this?"

"Everything. He doesn't care about you anymore Gabrielle." I stood in the door way of the dining room. I scoffed, "He cares."

Nathan took and deep breath and got all serious with me.
He mumbled, "You know I would hate for you to go through heartbreak again. If you're so worried about Luke cheating then just ask him. He'll be honest you...I hope and if you feel like he is lying then just believe him as much as you can."

I cried, "As much as I want to believe Luke since he promised me he would never hurt me; I can't believe him. He was messaging her last night about the fight I had with you. He said he needed someone to talk to ??? But I don't find that as an excuse."

Nathan laughed, "This is probably very shitty of me to suggest but look through the messages. If you are satisfied then-"
I interrupted him.
"I'm not satisfied with any of it Nathan."

Nathan continued, "Then block her number from Luke's phone so he can never receive messages from her. Then after you block the number delete it so he doesn't add it back. Simple."
I nodded my head softly. I heard the front door open. Luke was there.

I stood up. "Luke? I didn't know when you were going to come back. I didn't think you needed that much time to think."
He looked over at Nathan behind me then he shifted his eyes to me.
Luke exhaled, "I had no clue when it was right to come back because you made me walk away so I just wanted to give you space."

I hugged him tightly. "I don't need space anymore Luke."

Luke mumbled, "I'm going to go lay down upstairs. Goodnight." He went upstairs. I turned to look at Nathan. Nathan shrugged.
I asked, "Should I be worried? He is distant and seems distracted."