Chapter 14

Maddie sat up and looked around, she was in her bedroom.

What the, I thought I was at Lilys house and she got kidnapped...

Could it just have been a dream. Maddie decided to call Lily.

It rang two times before she answered.

"Hey how are you feeling" Lily said

"What are you talking about" Maddie said

"Don't you remember, yesterday you got sick and we took you home. You were like half asleep though"

"I don't remember any of this, but did you get like kidnapped or something"

"What the hell are you talking about"

"Oh nevermind it must have been a dream or something, it just felt so real"

"Okay well I think you should get some rest"

"Okay yeah I should I will talk to you later"

"Okay bye"

"Bye" Maddie said and hung up.

Well that was weird

Later that day

"Hey Maddie can you come down here please" my mom yelled at me from downstairs.

"K be right there" I yelled back. I was on my computer. Just scrolling thru Facebook. I shut my laptop and went down stairs. My mom was in the laundry room.

"Hey mom what'd you need?" I asked

"Hey honey how are you feeling" she asked while folding laundry

" I'm feeling better" I say

"There's something else, Well I've been talking to Tom lately, and-"

"Wait what" I said

Tom, was... well my biological father.

I never wanted to call him dad, because he didn't seem like one.

Let me explain to you, you see when my mom was 18, she had me, and Tom was 20.

For 8 years, Tom treated my mom badly. Then when I was 8, they had Annie. Then when Annie was a year old, they got in a divorce. Because apparently, he had another women that he was seeing.

My mom didn't give a shit about him after that. It was hard for a while, since Tom left us with nothing. So me, my mom, and Annie had to go live with our grandparents in there tiny one room apartment. It was really crowded.

Finally my mom had enough money, and we bought a house. Then when I was 12, my mom met Scott. They were very happy together. So they got married and that's how I have Zach, Tara, Gavin, and Ashley as my step siblings.

Anyways, I hate Tom. He never would act nice to me or my mom, not that he was around much, he was usually at the casino waisting all our money on gambling.

And after I found out that he ditched mom for some rich lady, I really hated his guts.

Back to the story.

"Well Tom wanted you to visit him. He said that he had missed you, and he wanted to see you and Annie."

"I don't want to see that skumbag!"

"I know Ton isn't the best man ever, and trust me I didn't want him to have you, but the law says that since your his biological daughter, I have to."

"Why why why, I don't want to have to do anything with him. He lied to you and left us with nothing" is said, nearly crying.

"I know sweetie" mom said hugging me "it will be okay, he has two daughters, I think there names are Lexie and Makayla, and he has a wife named Regina."

"Great, I get to see the rich snob he left us for, and his kids that are spoiled brats probably."

"Maddie you don't know that"

"Yeah whatever, so when do I have to see him"

"Well he wanted you just you to take a plane on Friday and he would pick you up from the airport. you would come home on Sunday."

"Okay fine"

"Okay Hun, I better get back to laundry and since he lives in California, you better star packing"

"Wait he lives all the way in California?"

"Yes"

"That's like a thousand miles away"

"I know honey but it will be okay"

I got up and went to go pack, even though I didn't want to.