Chapter 3

Lunch time-

I'm sitting at my lunch table with Lily, Courtney, Kaitlyn, and Tori. We usually just eat and talk about stuff.

"Hey look who's coming" Tori says pointing. It's Courtney's boyfriend Ben. He comes and sits next down to Courtney "hey beautiful" he says and kisses her on her lips " hey she says back after there done kissing.

Courtney and Ben like to get romantic.

Ben starts talking about basketball and stuff so I pull out my phone and go on Instagram.

Sometimes I wish my boyfriend, Dylan would spend more time with me, to him it's like I barely exist.

I remember hearing someone that Dylan was just dating me so that he could just say he has a gf. At the time I didn't think it was true, but I'm starting to.

After school, while on the bus I text him. I'm sitting next to Lily who is talking to this junior boy named Steven.

M: hey

D: what's up babe

M: nothin really just siting w/ Lil on the bu

D: cool I guess

M: sorta I think we need to talk

D: about what

M: I feel like I barley talk or see you anymore

D: well then maybe I can take u out on a date 😉

I'm about to reply when Lily nudges me.

" it's our stop" she says

I look up and see the kids from our block getting off the bus. I quickly stand up and walk down the aisle. When I get off I ask Lily if she wants to come over.

" I can't I have to work on my social studies homework"

"Ok it's fine" I say and walk to my house. Zach runs past me with Chandler, luckily they go to his house.

"Hey Maddie" Annie says as she comes up behind me

"Oh hey squirt how was school today" I say

"Good" she says

When we get in the house, my mom is crying on the couch. I run to her.

"Oh my god what's the matter" I ask

She wipes tears in her eyes when Annie, Ashley, and Tara come in.

"Y-Your grandpa George is in the hospital, they don't know if he will get better or not"

I start crying to. Grandpa George is my favorite grandpa, and my really only one.

My other grandpa, Harold, well we never really got to see him a lot, since he was my dad's dad. And... well I don't like to talk about my dad.

Anyways, I don't want to lose him, and I know it would break my grandma Dianne's heart.

Sorry for the short chapter, I have a lot of homework but can you guys please comment and vote! Thanks!😘