Chapter 2 - Brother

Bea @ 12 years old

          "Hey, Bumblebee, can you air drop those photos to my phone?" Enzo leaned his head forward in between me and Andrea.  The boys were seated at the back of the car behind us.

          Negros Island is just a two-hour roll on/roll off ship ride from Iloilo. We convoyed in three SUVs. We were with a driver, a nanny, and one bodyguard inside the car with us, while all the parents huddled in the other car with their own driver and bodyguard. It's not that we are under threat but Dad believes that it's better be safe than sorry. We are the Enriquez's for crying out loud.

          The third car is for our other stuffs and the rest of the much need personages who are accompanying us. We are not just travelling with luxury, we are travelling with comfort. And that includes chefs, nannies, drivers, bodyguards, and PAs of Dad and Tito Alex. Of course, business never stops for the two patriarchs. Vacation for others means business for our families who are into hotels and resort operations. Ironically, we don't spend our vacations at the properties we own. Wayne and Andy's dad is a ship captain and their mom is a stay-at-home parent.

          "I took a lot of photos... Which ones do you want?" I nonchalantly replied. I was too engrossed with choosing and editing my photos for uploading on my social media.

          "The ones you took at the Lion marker, Bee. And the selfies we took at the resort." He said. His arms now draped over to our seat, enclosing me, his head propped on my backrest and his hands pinching both of my arms as he watches what I'm doing with my photos. An action that comes natural for us.

          Enzo had alway been sweet and thoughtful to me. He and Kyle were already five years old and inseparable when I came into this world.

         He was there when I fell from a bicycle because he was the one who taught me how to ride a bike. He comforted me after my first tooth extraction because my three-year-old sassy self required his presence at the dental clinic. He was the first one to put cold compress on my bump when I ran into a glass door at school. I was on my first grade then while he and Kyle were on their sixth. I was with them on the same school for a year until they transferred school in junior high. This incoming school year, we will be on the same school again as I will be on my seventh grade, while they will be on their twelfth. It will be another year for us to be together before they move to Metro Manila for their university degrees.

           I was still so pre-occupied with editing my photos when his hands came to cover my eyes.  "Never mind, Bee.  I'll check out your phone later. We're here." And before I could react, the boys were already chattering about the next activity we'd be into. 

          We have arrived at the Everest Zipline. 

          "Are you sure there's nothing really going on between you two?" Andy's voice reminded me of her presence.

- - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

          "Ma'am, you need to be accompanied." the zipline staff said as he is securing my safety harness.

          "What?! Why?" This is my first time doing the zipline.  I must admit I'm quite nervous but I wanted to try this. 

          "You're weight is too light.  You might not reach the other side."  He said and turned to assist his colleague. I looked at the people around me.  Our parents were chatting, Wayne and Andy were being strapped, and Kyle and Enzo were being hoisted on the edge of the ramp on a superman position ready to be released anytime soon.  I guess I have to do the zip with Andy. If Kyle won't zip with me, surely Wayne won't do the same to his sister. I turned towards Andy.