Chapter 22 - Truth

Bea's POV

"She's pregnant." I mumbled as we drove back to the office after our lunch with Andrea and her husband. Mr. Ang is what? In his thirties? And I am older by one year than her. Did she even finish her studies?

          "They met at a party in Vegas, Bee."  Enzo spoke as if he has read my thoughts. "Andrea left with her Mom a year after you started college. She was kinda trying to rebel because of her parents' separation. Good thing Trevor was man enough to stand up for her.  She's still finishing her university degree in the US, that's why they were on limited time here in the Philippines."

          "Awww..." I haven't heard anything about Andrea since I left for college. I eventually stopped communicating with her. "Did you ever meet with her when you were there?"

           "Well, yeah... but not much when I was still in school."  His eyes were still focused on the road. "If you're thinking about anything, Bee, Trevor and Andy had been together for so long already before she got pregnant."

          "I am not!" I blurted in my defense.

          I haven't noticed we were already in front of our building.  "So... fiancée... would you like to skip work this afternoon with me?" He turned to me with one hand still on the steering wheel and the other one reached for the back of the headrest of my seat. Then he leaned closer and said, "After all, we are now the owners of this empire."

           "I... ahhh... uhm..." he was so close that I can't think straight anymore. I can totally smell his natural scent and it's intoxicating me. My God! What is happening to me?

          "Off we go then."  He straightened up and steered his car unto the road and began to dial for his secretary. "Trina, cancel all my appointments this afternoon until tomorrow. Do the same with your Ma'am Bea's. No calls until tomorrow." And the car began to accelerate towards somewhere I don't know.

           One down... one more to go... Melissa.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

           Long drive... oh, how I missed doing this with him.  I was so engrossed with the scenery outside the window when I suddenly felt sleepy. I was not able to sleep well last night with Enzo sleeping beside me after eight long years.

I have resigned myself from fighting with him. No matter how much my mind is telling me to stay away from him, my heart is deceiving me everytime he is near me. I don't want to feed on hope, but Enzo is giving me reasons to hold on to it.

          Why in the world would they have the properties put in our name together? What about Melissa and her daughter? Why was Enzo not visiting them? I fell asleep thinking about these things.

           I was awakened by a gentle jolt. I felt his hand on my thigh. "Baby..." he gently stroked my cheek as I opened my eyes. "We're here."

"Where are we?" I mumbled.

"Tagaytay." He unbuckled my seatbelt.

          "Midlands?" I know we have two properties here.

           "Woodridge, baby. I want some privacy." He said before alighting the car and opening the door for me.  I looked around as I stood on the driveway. True enough, the houses in the neighborhood were like large two-storey log cabins and seldom do cars come and go in the area that was surrounded by pine trees. The place was filled with tranquility.